• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby on TSN

• Thread starter jonathanumpherville
  • Start date
I remember them showing the rwc 03 on sportsnet and it wasnt just the canadian games either and they used to show the npc and some super 14 but that was many years ago think almost 10 i miss those days

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Jul 31 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There was no RWC in 2001, it was either 1999 or 2003. I remember watching Rugby on TV5 when I lived in Montréal in between these two RWC.[/b]
Sorry - it must have been 2003 - TV5 only seems to show the final and demi-finale of the Top14. I have my PVR set to record everything with rugby and that is the only games it ever records on TV5. But the French Top 14 is really the only rugby that is not shown on Setanta Canada

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toxicfiend @ Aug 4 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I remember them showing the rwc 03 on sportsnet and it wasnt just the canadian games either and they used to show the npc and some super 14 but that was many years ago think almost 10 i miss those days[/b]
I miss those days from a cost perspective but we are much better off today for quantity of rugby - this weekend Setanta will have the TriNations game between Aus and SA plus a Currie Cup match and an ANZ cup match. The only problem is that it costs $15/month.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wayner @ Aug 7 2009, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Jul 31 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was no RWC in 2001, it was either 1999 or 2003. I remember watching Rugby on TV5 when I lived in Montréal in between these two RWC.[/b]
Sorry - it must have been 2003 - TV5 only seems to show the final and demi-finale of the Top14. I have my PVR set to record everything with rugby and that is the only games it ever records on TV5. But the French Top 14 is really the only rugby that is not shown on Setanta Canada

[/b][/quote]

There used to be Jour de Rugby too and there were also some of the regular Top14 matches played in Stade de France.

Latest posts