• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby players receive drugs bans

G

getofmeland

Two Bridgend players have tested positive for the banned stimulant ephedrine and been banned from rugby for two years.

Richard Radford and Gareth Williams were sentenced by a Welsh Rugby Union Regulatory Committee after admitting to breaking anti-doping rules.

The pair were tested by UK Sport after their game with Llandovery on 29 March.

"The WRU has a robust anti-doping policy and this is evidence that the system is working," a statement said.

Winger Redford and back-rower Williams were tested after Bridgend's 10-3 defeat at Llandovery.

The WRU statement added: "The taking of prohibited substances has no place in Wales' national game and is universally condemned throughout British sport.

"Both players have been given the mandatory ban for the offence."

From BBC Sport

This story comes as no surprise to me as drug taking has been rife in welsh club rugby for years. A friend of mine who played for a top club said lots of his fellow players were taking banned substances.This was a few years ago but it sounds like things havent changed too much.

This story comes as no surprise to me as drug taking has been rife in welsh club rugby for years. A friend of mine who played for a top club said lots of his fellow players were taking banned substances.This was a few years ago but it sounds like things havent changed too much. [/b]

first time I've heard drug taking is rife in Wales! And as in top club, d'you mean Premiership side or soem obscure valleys team in like Division 3 East?
yeah, those two were just stupid tossers who represent how stupid people can be when it comes to competetive sports...

Two Bridgend players have tested positive for the banned stimulant ephedrine and been banned from rugby for two years.

Richard Radford and Gareth Williams were sentenced by a Welsh Rugby Union Regulatory Committee after admitting to breaking anti-doping rules.

"The WRU has a robust anti-doping policy and this is evidence that the system is working," a statement said.

Winger Redford and back-rower Williams were tested after Bridgend's 10-3 defeat at Llandovery.

The WRU statement added: "The taking of prohibited substances has no place in Wales' national game and is universally condemned throughout British sport.

From BBC Sport
[/b]

sure they didn't mistake them for suicide pills???? Bridgend's no.1 export so i hear...

<div class='quotemain'>

From BBC Sport
[/b]

sure they didn't mistake them for suicide pills???? Bridgend's no.1 export so i hear...
[/b][/quote]
No, some guy is making a killing, selling rope to teenagers in Bridgend.

It's not somethig new. Nowadays, in any sport, people take banned substances. The diference is wether they're caught or not. :wacko:

Latest posts