• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby players up for drug dealing

J

Jer1cho

Well well well, look what my favorite rugby player has been up to...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Johannesburg - Two Golden Lions Rugby Union (GLRU) players are expected to appear in court on Tuesday on charges of alleged drug dealing.

Flyhalf Earl Rose and left wing Rayno Benjamin would be in the dock together, said police spokesperson, Superintendent Eugene Opperman.

A reliable source revealed that Rose and Benjamin were arrested with Chatna Cloete and Heinrich Gordon, in a flat in Fontainebleau, Randburg on January 31. Drugs were found in their possession.

It was still unclear what drugs were found, but according to the source, suspects are only charged with drug dealing if a considerable amount of drugs are found.

'Drugs planted'

GLRU chief executive Manie Reyneke insisted that the drugs were "planted" on Rose and Benjamin.

"We are aware of the charges against them. But according to our own lawyers' investigation into the case, the drugs were planted on the players.

"We are convinced the case against them won't continue," he said on Monday.

The players' own explanations to the union regarding the "planted drugs" were completely in line with the lawyers' findings, he added.

"They have not yet been found guilty. If they are found guilty, we will take serious steps against them. But let the law take its course."

SA Rugby spokesperson, Rayaan Adriaanse, did not want to comment. He said as it was a provincial matter, the Lions were handling it themselves.

Rose and Benjamin could not be reached for comment.[/b]

http://www.24.com/news/?p=tsa&i=1018969

Got themselves into a bit of a pickle i think...

Talk about karma! Well, atleast for Rose that is. Still a bit suspect as pro rugby players train almost everyday, so stuff on the side is pretty limited.
Oh well, we'll have to wait and see.

Ha, was probably a scheme by a policeman in the district to get Earl Rose behind bars so a better player could be found!

Didn't actually surprise me. Of course nothing in SA sport surprises me anymore. The sex tape scandal was the final straw I think

I hope no shadow will hang over rugby

That will be the shame

shame.jpg

Latest posts