• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby School

H

Henry Penry

Hey you guys.. Im from South Africa and i want to go to a rugby chool(Acedemy) next year.. can anyone send me information?? Id prefer New Zealand or Australie?
Peace..

Age?
Height?
Weight?
Sprint times (20, 40, 100)?
Vertical Jump?
Playing Experience?

Hey you guys.. Im from South Africa and i want to go to a rugby chool(Acedemy) next year.. can anyone send me information?? Id prefer New Zealand or Australie?
Peace..
[/b]

you should look at the top UK schools. It is getting really competitive there and they are looking for scholars to stregthen the teams.

You can see the best schools at Canterbury's school rankings site. you go to their European website and look in the bottom right of their home page for Canterbury Rankings

http://www.canterburynz.com/c.674562/site/static/index.html

Millfield is pretty cool

Age?
Height?
Weight?
Sprint times (20, 40, 100)?
Vertical Jump?
Playing Experience?
[/b]

Age- 17
Height? 1.80 meters
Weight? 88 kg
Sprint times ? At the moment im injured but im going to run again in 4days.( Neels Liebel Gymnasium, He's the Springboks new Fisio and Konditioning coach)
Vertical Jump Same us above
Playing Experience? Played Blue Bulls under 16.. Toured to Argentinie. Been coached by Nico Serfontrin the Blue Bulls Vodacom Coach.

My advice is to search around and phone around to as many places as possible. I would really like to help you, but you're 17, so I'm guessing you only have 1 year of school left? A rugby school (or any school for that matter) will tend to give out scholarships for a minimum of 2 years.

The best thing for you to do is get talent scouted (or contact them for a trial...often they will send a scout out to watch you if you sound promising enough) and hopefully get a contract so that you're with a team's development system when you have finished school.

There are plenty of European clubs all over the place willing to give you a position in their lower level teams so you can work your way up or gain enough experience to move to another club in a bid to eventually get to you're dream, and they'll organise you a place to stay and a job to pay for everything of course.

My advice is to search around and phone around to as many places as possible. I would really like to help you, but you're 17, so I'm guessing you only have 1 year of school left? A rugby school (or any school for that matter) will tend to give out scholarships for a minimum of 2 years.

The best thing for you to do is get talent scouted (or contact them for a trial...often they will send a scout out to watch you if you sound promising enough) and hopefully get a contract so that you're with a team's development system when you have finished school.

There are plenty of European clubs all over the place willing to give you a position in their lower level teams so you can work your way up or gain enough experience to move to another club in a bid to eventually get to you're dream, and they'll organise you a place to stay and a job to pay for everything of course.
[/b]

Thanx for the advice..

Latest posts