• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby stadiums

Agree with you about Lens. Stade Felix Bollaert is a very good stadium. Sadly, it'll be empty all year as their football team sucks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grantfox47 @ Nov 6 2008, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Agree with you about Lens. Stade Felix Bollaert is a very good stadium. Sadly, it'll be empty all year as their football team sucks.[/b]

Lens supporters are always behind their team, in good and bad days. Their stadium is always full.

st_helens_knowsley.jpg

Knowsley Road, St Helens. She's definitely ready for retirement.

It's a shite stadium, but the atmosphere is amazing for big games. Well, for the one game I've been there anyway...

Looking at Lansdowne Road, it never ceases to amaze me how engineers manage to fit stadia into ever tighter spaces.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 7 2008, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Looking at Lansdowne Road, it never ceases to amaze me how engineers manage to fit stadia into ever tighter spaces.[/b]
yeah, and the speed with which its going up is very ............. un-Irish.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 7 2008, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 7 2008, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking at Lansdowne Road, it never ceases to amaze me how engineers manage to fit stadia into ever tighter spaces.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

not the o'reillys in charge of the project clearly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 7 2008, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 7 2008, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

Could be worse, could get the Australians to build it and have it go over budget a couple of billion and be late by three years?

well it was supposed to be ready by the 2009 Six Nations but now we're hearing April 2010, we'll be lucky if we're playing the 2011 Six Nations at Lansdowne.

Aha! So you did hire Multiplex to build it then? ;)

Have they started whinging about cabling yet?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 8 2008, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 7 2008, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

Could be worse, could get the Australians to build it and have it go over budget a couple of billion and be late by three years?
[/b][/quote]

???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Nov 8 2008, 03:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 8 2008, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 7 2008, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

???
[/b][/quote]

logo.gif

or
174px-Wikipedia-word.png

Are wonderful tools, are they not? Perhaps you should use them one day.

Multiplex built Wembley Stadium, eventually, after much wrangling, arguing with and whinging about the FA, contractors from across Europe and the contract which they had signed.

The Stadium was completed vastly over budget, years behind schedule and almost ended Multiplex as a serious going concern.

Latest posts