TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_50730746_008446140-1.jpg

Ex-Wales rugby union captain Gareth Thomas is in talks with a movie writer about a biopic of his life.

The Crusaders star from Bridgend, who announced he was gay in 2009, has confirmed he is working with a writer.

Hollywood actor Mickey Rourke has said he hopes to play Thomas in a biopic after the pair had talks in London.

Thomas' manager told BBC Wales a scriptwriter had been chosen and Rourke was "hands on" in the production process.

The rugby star was said to be unavailable for comment.

His manager and friend Emanuele Palladino told BBC Wales: "A script writer has been chosen for the film and is getting to known Gareth.

"The idea is that he will be with him throughout January to get to know Gareth as well as he can.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-12149569

Apparently Mickey Rourke is well up for it, hes having his front 2 teeth removed and is going to learn welsh aswell

This could make quite a good film I think. There's alot to tell and it will be interesting to see how far back they take it and what they'll include. He's been involved with alot of big talking points in Welsh rugby in his playign career including the demise of the Celtic Warriors, Ruddockgate, the 2007 WC, not to mention his time in France and the '05 Lions tour, then his switch to rugby league. Of course the film will mostly be about his 'coming out' and what it was like to be gay and that will add some real depth to the film.

Looking forward to hearing more about this in the future.

Some dedication there from Rourke if he's really gonna get his front teeth removed and learn Welsh!

Yeah, proper dedication, I can't see him learning welsh that easily though! I wonder if the famous Scrum V debate, post Ruddockgate will be in the film with Eddie Butler actually featuring lol, that would be quite funny watching them recreate that argument.
But yeah it will be a good film I think, definitely make for interesting viewing, will be interesting to see how they approach it to make it watchable and engrossing as a film rather than a documentary

Thought he was learning the accent, not the language?
That's what he said on "Alan Carrs Chatty Man" anyhow

Should make a good film though

Hahaha Western Mail ... believe nothing :lol:

No seriously should be interesting, GT will have his say and it will completely geared towards his favour, aka his autobiography.

Western Mail not a very reliable source then? Yeah it will definitely have him portrayed in a good light

Western Mail has the most biased opinion of any newspaper you will ever read.

I think the Scottish Sun could well challenge that claim
Does anyone know if this movie will be released on the 'mainstream cinema circuit'? (if that is what it is called)

I think the Scottish Sun could well challenge that claim
Does anyone know if this movie will be released on the 'mainstream cinema circuit'? (if that is what it is called)

I would presume so if old Mick was to be involved.

Latest posts