• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Union Team Manager 17 Reviews / Wishlist

JohnKA

Bench Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Sharks
Once again we have been spoiled by Alternative software , giving us a awesome new rugby manager game , this years release featuring some great improvements on the previous version , if you have a look at the improvements it is clear that Alternative software does listen to its fans , I also want to give a big thank you to Dave and the rest of the Alternative software team for the quick response on the forum and keeping us up to date when steam was being a bit slow on releasing the game , now on to the new features !!

Calibre changing -

This is in my books the big change that bring an entire new element to the game , taking a young amateur flanker or centre and seeing how he develops to being a world class player on the international stage , this encourages you to play youth and go shopping for some exciting young guns on the transfer market , older players also start to loose stamina and calibre as they grow older and just adds so much to the game .

New match engine -

The new match engine offers so much more than the previous version , being able to select where and how to kick , that option of pressing spacebar to make a quick cross kick to your winger or a grubber into the corner it all keeps you on your toes and keeps the excitement going .

The editor -

Being able to move players around between clubs and removing them , I also like to look and feel of the editor

International management -

Now you cannot just go and coach any big team , you need to earn it by winning some trophies and I love this .

There is much more new features but these are the ones that stand out for me , I said on the last game that the next version will be the make or break one and well Alternative software you have certainly stepped up and made us a bloody awesome rugby game !!! I am sure that this will not be the last RUTM and that in 10 years you will still be releasing RUTM on a yearly basis. 8 / 10

Once again we have been spoiled by Alternative software , giving us a awesome new rugby manager game , this years release featuring some great improvements on the previous version , if you have a look at the improvements it is clear that Alternative software does listen to its fans , I also want to give a big thank you to Dave and the rest of the Alternative software team for the quick response on the forum and keeping us up to date when steam was being a bit slow on releasing the game , now on to the new features !!

Calibre changing -

This is in my books the big change that bring an entire new element to the game , taking a young amateur flanker or centre and seeing how he develops to being a world class player on the international stage , this encourages you to play youth and go shopping for some exciting young guns on the transfer market , older players also start to loose stamina and calibre as they grow older and just adds so much to the game .

New match engine -

The new match engine offers so much more than the previous version , being able to select where and how to kick , that option of pressing spacebar to make a quick cross kick to your winger or a grubber into the corner it all keeps you on your toes and keeps the excitement going .

The editor -

Being able to move players around between clubs and removing them , I also like to look and feel of the editor

International management -

Now you cannot just go and coach any big team , you need to earn it by winning some trophies and I love this .

There is much more new features but these are the ones that stand out for me , I said on the last game that the next version will be the make or break one and well Alternative software you have certainly stepped up and made us a bloody awesome rugby game !!! I am sure that this will not be the last RUTM and that in 10 years you will still be releasing RUTM on a yearly basis. 8 / 10

Many thanks John,
Your comments mean a great deal to us all here at Alternative.
We are so pleased that you are enjoying RUTM17, and like you we really hope that with the support of you, and all other Rugby fans, that we will be able to continue with the RUTM series many years into the future.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

Started a new game today, new/updated features look great on first impression. However the teams in Wales Division 1, and 2 East/West don't seem to be updated from 2015 so don't reflect the last couple of seasons promotion/relegation. I know this can be changed in the editor, but would be great for it to be accurate in the main database too. Not sure if there may be similar situations in lower leagues of other nation also?
Thanks.

Latest posts