• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Union Team Manager 2015 Player Statistics

Dave

Verified Account
We are continually working on these, and are currently looking at a way we could also involve TRF.
As such we are exploring the possibility of issuing a game editor prior to the release.
Would you guys be up for this?

Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

If players are going to have an overall rating stat, then you guys could do what I did for one of my RC2 mods. Just slap together some surveys for each team in the game with all of the players in the team listed, and then allow people to go through and fill in what overall ratings the players should have. At least that way you have some guide on how good/bad the players are.
Also, this way many people can have input on the teams and players they know, and from there you may find some other interested people to tidy up the individual stats.

If you are going to do that though I would recommend putting in some benchmarks so people know how to rate the players; e.g would the best player 99 rated like in Rugby 08, or be closer to 90 like with the FIFA/Rugby Challenge series.

On a side note, if you mean stats as in player positions as well, you might find the site http://www.itsrugby.co.uk/ useful. You can look up basically every player and see which games they've started in, and which position they started in for at least the past 5 years. I wouldn't use either listed position in the players description as a guide though, as they're often wrong.

Hi Bric6.
Thanks for the suggestion, we will be looking at it.

Cheers
Dave

Would be great to have an editor, I can also provide data for Romanian teams if is any interested; we have a fully pro first league and two more tiers.

If players are going to have an overall rating stat, then you guys could do what I did for one of my RC2 mods. Just slap together some surveys for each team in the game with all of the players in the team listed, and then allow people to go through and fill in what overall ratings the players should have. At least that way you have some guide on how good/bad the players are.

Sounds like a great idea to me, this way you get accurate stats according to what the rugby community thinks. Also, I would format it more towards the FIFA ratings (highest rated player would be 93-95 rated, top 5 would be 90 or over, etc).

Rugby Union Team Manger 2015, does have an editor
Would be great to have an editor, I can also provide data for Romanian teams if is any interested; we have a fully pro first league and two more tiers.

Latest posts