England vs Argentina 16-21

Third place play off

England vs Wales 11-19

final

South Africa vs Argentina 41-20

South Africa too win

What's Your Predictions Guys ?

Last edited:
Three years is a long time in International Rugby, but I think I can safely predict that one of six teams will win it

In order of probability (and on current form)

1. New Zealand (4th time)
2. England (2nd time)
3. South Africa (3rd time)
4. Australia (3rd time)
5. France (1st time)
6. Argentina (1st time) - Longshot

Betting outside of these six is throwing your money away.

I know enough to know that it's far too early to predict the last eight and that baring and Eddie Jones fueled miracle, the Kiwis will be red hot favourites. The above pecking order doesn't look too bad, but I'd be interested to hear why the French and Argentinians have a greater than zero percent chance while the Irish don't. Saying "on current form" is either dodging or misunderstanding the question.

Based on Scotland's tour there, heat and humidity will be a big factor. Preparation will be key, particularly for the home nations. As in all World Cups thus far, back the overs on points in early games.

Really? What about 2023 while we are at it! This must win a TRFophie as the silliest thread of the summer!!

South Africa.

Now I know we aren't favorites but here's why I rate our chances looking ahead;

- Age; we have a lot of players that *should* be in the form of their lives comes 2015. I am speaking of Pollard, De Klerk, Marx, Kitshoff, Jantjies (I see Pollard and Jantjies as being ahead of Lambie by then), both Kriels, De Allende, Etzebeth, PS and Thomas Du Toit etc. Most importantly we will probably be post-Le Roux and have an actual fullback and scrumhalf.

- Familiarity; the Sunwolves are in the SA conferences and that fact coupled with the fact that all our best are now having yearly stints in the Japanese Top League will mean our players will feel right at home in Japan.

- erm.. that's all I got.

South Africa.

Now I know we aren't favorites but here's why I rate our chances looking ahead;

- Age; we have a lot of players that *should* be in the form of their lives comes 2015. I am speaking of Pollard, De Klerk, Marx, Kitshoff, Jantjies (I see Pollard and Jantjies as being ahead of Lambie by then), both Kriels, De Allende, Etzebeth, PS and Thomas Du Toit etc. Most importantly we will probably be post-Le Roux and have an actual fullback and scrumhalf.

- Familiarity; the Sunwolves are in the SA conferences and that fact coupled with the fact that all our best are now having yearly stints in the Japanese Top League will mean our players will feel right at home in Japan.

- erm.. that's all I got.

Etzebeth is big in Japan!

If Eddie's still at the helm I think we won't be far off. We are developing some very good strength in depth and there are potentially a couple of players coming through who might be able to fill the traditional problem shirts of 7 and 12. We're on the right track, but it's a very long way off and the whole thing could be determined by the bounce of a funny shaped ball!

If Eddie's still at the helm I think we won't be far off. We are developing some very good strength in depth and there are potentially a couple of players coming through who might be able to fill the traditional problem shirts of 7 and 12. We're on the right track, but it's a very long way off and the whole thing could be determined by the bounce of a funny shaped ball!

Just remove Eddie and insert any National coach and every World Cup Nation would say the same.

A lot of luck and a 10 nearing the level to challenge what will hopefully be PJ at his peak are needed for us. We'll be strong 1-10, it's what happens outside of that that'll determine our place. The potential is there to finally get this semi-final monkey off our back.

With a full 3 years to go, it's way too early to say. Players that aren't even really on the radar at the moment may be forcing their way in to the side by then.

That said, I agree with your assessment. We have a very strong, young squad and so far Eddie's done an excellent job of integrated the up-and-coming talent in to the team, so provided we continue in the same fashion, we'll be there or thereabouts.

I do fear the heat/humidity though. It's almost impossible to replicate and putting aside their skills and ability, I don't think it's something we're well equipped to deal with from a physical point of view.

Just remove Eddie and insert any National coach and every World Cup Nation would say the same.

I don't know if I'd say the same, hey. Maybe I overrate Jones but not too many would disagree that he is a tad ahead of the pack. Add his Japan connections and he's the man I'd have on my wishlist if I had a team heading into a RWC in Japan and needed a coach to get us there.

Really? I'd say that any Namibian saying that his team "won't be far off" is seriously deluded!

Okay, maybe not the "far off" part. But I think every coach would say:

We are developing some very good strength in depth and there are potentially a couple of players coming through
We're on the right track, but it's a very long way off and the whole thing could be determined by the bounce of a funny shaped ball!

Latest posts