• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Lets await the offical news from HB Studio and 505 before making any form of statements on the licenses. Safe to say they are the only people who can say whats in it and whats not.

I would be betting huge dollars that no is the answer to that one. That sounds a little unlikely.

ok thanks, and you know when the first screenshots will be shown?

As long as South Africa/Bokke is licensed i will be happy.

what a MASSIVE Disappointment. It promised everything, but in reality looks like delivering 20 teams and one tournament. People may compare it to FIFA World Cup, however FIFA is a 'road to the World Cup' delivering full qualification tournaments for all teams. This is only 20

what a MASSIVE Disappointment. It promised everything, but in reality looks like delivering 20 teams and one tournament. People may compare it to FIFA World Cup, however FIFA is a 'road to the World Cup' delivering full qualification tournaments for all teams. This is only 20

Hopefully that means that they have focussed on making the best game they can with have they have available. Eg. Focus on crazy graphics, likeness, small details of realism, etc.

Lets await the offical news from HB Studio and 505 before making any form of statements on the licenses. Safe to say they are the only people who can say whats in it and whats not.

I really hope so, but without doing it nastily, Sidhe have answered the question asked to them and stated that those two teams will not be available to be in another game, World Cup or not, due to an exclusive licensing agreement.

I suppose your right in that information such as this would need to be confirmed by HB themselves before we could completely verify that. :)

By the way JJR, your right. Often world cup games with less teams are a leap forward in graphics and gameplay, so it could be a very good thing. Also, this team is the leader to date in making rugby games fun and playable. So that definitely has to count for something!

Sounds enthralling, guess I can cancel my Xbox 360 then... so much build up for what seems like a rushed attempt at cashing in on the world cup.
Only redeeming feature will be gameplay, if it's solid then I may still get an Xbox, but it would have to be at least 20 times harder than Rugby 08.

I really hope so, but without doing it nastily, Sidhe have answered the question asked to them and stated that those two teams will not be available to be in another game, World Cup or not, due to an exclusive licensing agreement.

I suppose your right in that information such as this would need to be confirmed by HB themselves before we could completely verify that. :)

By the way JJR, your right. Often world cup games with less teams are a leap forward in graphics and gameplay, so it could be a very good thing. Also, this team is the leader to date in making rugby games fun and playable. So that definitely has to count for something!

The counter argument could be that there is an exclusive Rugby World Cup license that enables all of that. But as I said we will have to await information from the men that really know.

Wow an announcement and a name change!!! Great to see!!! Not sure if it was worth the wait but just glad one has come.

I'm expecting a lot from this game on game play, should be great!! A game completely dedicated to the world cup. I guess rugby has come on leaps and bounds to dedicate to one event.

My man from Invercargill, Southland- Margaret off Yarrow is where the party is at, has a point Sidhe does own the rights, so they claim, to the All Blacks and Wallabies?? What's going on there?

Agreed jim, 20 teams and what appears to be 1 tournament is, as no one else is going to say it; complete horseshite (if that is to be the case - if there is more e.g world league etc; I will retract).

Licensed or no this game is going to leave a sour taste in my club rugby mouth. I would genuinly rather have good gameplay, ok graphics and more teams than a great looking game that I will play 3 times and then get bored, even with the "almighty" online gameplay.

I'm really disappointed, and doubt I will buy.

Wow an announcement and a name change!!! Great to see!!! Not sure if it was worth the wait but just glad one has come.

I'm expecting a lot from this game on game play, should be great!! A game completely dedicated to the world cup. I guess rugby has come on leaps and bounds to dedicate to one event.

My man from Invercargill, Southland- Margaret off Yarrow is where the party is at, has a point Sidhe does own the rights, so they claim, to the All Blacks and Wallabies?? What's going on there?

We'll probably find out at some point soon enough, but yeah I guess it's a "look at the info and make of it what you will" situation till we all hear officially.

Margaret off Yarrow, what's that all about? lol :lol:

sounds good to me. lomu was pretty timeless and that was just a world cup game. plus hopefully it will be a first step and you can buy other competitions online like the prem or super 15, who knows still pretty keen for it.whens the teaser coming out???

Can we bear in mind all harbingers of doom, this is a first official announcement, NOT FINAL.

Myself and Charlie had a very frank and open conversation with AJ ans the representative of 505 (I'll allow him to introduce himself here before naming names) and there is plenty more to come over the coming months. However, what we want is feedback - What you like, what you're keen on, where you hope things are going etc. In return we plan to release more and more info is a steady stream, wetting your appetites!

Thank you.

Rotchy McCraw captain of the Black Shirts up against Brocky Nelson captain of the Australian Convicts..

Rotchy McCraw captain of the Black Shirts up against Brocky Nelson captain of the Australian Convicts..

I'm not gonna lie, I think I'd prefer the game if it had Brocky Nelson.

I am all 4 quality over quantity.

I was thinking the same thing. But -If NZ and Australia aren't going to be fully licensed, we aren't really getting either one in this case. I'm a bit bummed, but rugby gaming options are so limited in the US we will take what we can get.

Can we bear in mind all harbingers of doom, this is a first official announcement, NOT FINAL.

Myself and Charlie had a very frank and open conversation with AJ ans the representative of 505 (I'll allow him to introduce himself here before naming names) and there is plenty more to come over the coming months. However, what we want is feedback - What you like, what you're keen on, where you hope things are going etc. In return we plan to release more and more info is a steady stream, wetting your appetites!

Thank you.

Well, what I like is a game that will keep me interested for more than a week, with some depth and at least a couple of modes and variations, what i'm keen on is that, and I hope things are going in that direction.

And its spelt "whetting".

I'm hoping the online has some good methods in place to protect sensible players from quitters and that patches may possibly be looked for any potential issues or squad changes (late injuries prior to the cup etc).

Well, what I like is a game that will keep me interested for more than a week, with some depth and at least a couple of modes and variations, what i'm keen on is that, and I hope things are going in that direction.

And its spelt "whetting".

If a simple typo when writing a foot note is a problem to you, I'm sure your attention span is long enough to wait and see.

Latest posts