• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

It'll be interesting how the licensing thing pans out. Just the world cup teams is a little disappointing, but gameplay could more than make up for this! Even a 'create a tournamant' option wood be cool, allowing players to make their own 6 nations etc. Excitement has just gone up a notch!

I know it's HB studios and not an EA release! what i'm saying is why can't it be in the format of for example fifa 11 where we would have the magners league, aviva premiership, top 14, heineken cup as well as the world cup i'll still buy the game I just wish I could play as the ospreys as well as wales. any one else a bit disapointed by the anouncement of it just being a world cup game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we bear in mind all harbingers of doom, this is a first official announcement, NOT FINAL.

Me2harbinger.png

"ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL."

All this really means is that they can use the name "Webb Ellis Trophy" as far as i'm aware having a tournaments license doesn't give them the rights to the players and team names in that tournament...

But then again, what do i know ??? :p

I will hold of speculation and wait for updates. People go on and on about not having anything but when something does come, it's not what they want to hear or not enough!

I suppose you are right, a rugby union game has not yet been released on the new generation of consoles so I think people and me included are expecting too much from this first release and there is rugby challenge aswell which will at least have super rugby teams and the tri-nations

I suppose you are right, a rugby union game has not yet been released on the new generation of consoles so I think people and me included are expecting too much from this first release and there is rugby challenge aswell which will at least have super rugby teams and the tri-nations

No it doesn't.

Hey HB, can you guys say wether this RWC license is exclusive to this game???

For all we know both new games could have the license...

People might chase me onto the sidhe forum thread but whats the deal with this rugby challenge game? I knew Sidhe were making a game but I had thought it was a rugby league game. Are expectations high for their game amongst fans of the HB rugby games?

Check the sidhe thread! But to answer your seond question, I will probably get both.

if there are only international team it 'll not be interesting and borring

if there are only international team it 'll not be interesting and borring

I think solid gameplay will be better than quantity! if they get the basics right with only international teams then I would happily fork out again for a complete club one with a graphical update! KEY IS GAMEPLAY FIRST in my opinion.

Gah, I now can't concentrate on anything. I wanna talk about this game!

If sidhe are doing a game with clubs and hb are not then id probably go for sidhe. At 40 pounds a pop you want somnething that is going to last. Really, for the world cup, when you've done it with your country its pretty much done. Its not like I'd want to win the world cup with another team!

So is there definitely no clubs? C'mon HB. Don't be like that! We want Leinster, we want Leinster, we want Leinster, we want Leinster!!!!

So is there definitely no clubs? C'mon HB. Don't be like that! We want Leinster, we want Leinster, we want Leinster, we want Leinster!!!!

Don't listen to the Sidhe board members. We don't know yet so they certainly don't know.

v. happy with the announcement and that there was an announcement at all! Its good to hear something after what was a long wait

in terms of feedback, online 100% confirmed was essential - if it happens (an it undoubtedly will, even if the AI is excellent) that we play it so much that it becomes easy to rack up scores against the CPU and always will, playing against another person will add its own longevity to the game. Everyone has their own tricks and traits and styles when playing, games between each other will be the future for this game I reckon

All that said, it is vital (VITAL I say) that online play is tested to within an inch of its life to remove any buggyness/lag/connectivity issues to ensure the game does have a future long after the RWC comes to a close

I've a few more bits and pieces to add but will put them in another post to allow the above to stand on its own, it is THAT important - we need a good, stable, consistent online setup for the game

Latest posts