• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2019 TV Channels List

sportstalkstop

Academy Player
Here is the Rugby World Cup 2019 TV Channels List

Japan: Nippon TV (free-to-air), NHK (free-to-air), J Sports
Australia: Fox Sports, Network Ten (free-to-air)
Canada: TSN
Fiji: Fiji TV (free-to-air)
France & Monaco: TF1
Germany: Ran, ProSieben Maxx (free-to-air)
Ireland: Eir Sport, RTÉ (free-to-air)
New Zealand: Spark, TVNZ (free-to-air)
South America: ESPN
Sub-Saharan Africa: SuperSport
United Kingdom: ITV (free-to-air), S4C (free-to-air)
United States: NBC Sports, Univision

From which country you are?
For RWC live stream online: https://rugbyworldcupinfo.com/

Last edited:

Canada: TSN

I've never actually heard of Univision, but I'll take your word for it...

NBC, the regular network, will have many of the games, but not all, I believe, and they won't be showing them live. NBC Sports, the app, will have them all and carry them live. But it costs a good chunk of change to buy. Can't wait!

I've never actually heard of Univision, but I'll take your word for it...

NBC, the regular network, will have many of the games, but not all, I believe, and they won't be showing them live. NBC Sports, the app, will have them all and carry them live. But it costs a good chunk of change to buy. Can't wait!

Univision se habla espanol . . . hopefully they'll have the argentina games

do you know how much the nbc sports gold thing is going to cost . . . i'm gonna pay for it no matter what but as a grad student i really hope they have a discount

do you know how much the nbc sports gold thing is going to cost . . . i'm gonna pay for it no matter what but as a grad student i really hope they have a discount
I think I paid $80 or $90 for the year, but that ends in late August, so I think they have a lower rate for now until the end of the year... Yeah, it sucks.

apparently the nbc sports gold doesn't cover the world cup, it's a separate package

so even if we buy the premiership/6 nations package we still have to pay for the world cup

Oy, that'd be rough... but the RWC website says NBC will be carrying it, maybe it's on the streaming channel but not the pay one? That'd be huge!
upload_2019-7-23_12-44-39.png

Canada
: TSN

I would guess that's only the Australian games and the final maybe, all national sports have to be shown free to air in aussie, by law, its great

ITV has been showing RWC in UK since 1995. I've not had a problem with its coverage apart from the sodding adverts.

ITV has been showing RWC in UK since 1995. I've not had a problem with its coverage apart from the sodding adverts.

Never been a fan of the ITV coverage (I know I'm in the minority here) but at least it's free... and (although I have Sky Sorts, BT Sports & Prem Sports) keeping the 6N and RWC free to air is paramount.

Which channel had Phil Vickery on comms last time?
He was....not good.

Also, on the subject of the RWC, found this Google Calendar with all the games/opening ceremony on, which is handy:
https://rugbyworldcup.calreplyapp.com/unitedkingdom

Kickoffs seem to be 5.30ish, 8.30ish, 11.30ish (give or take 15mins), and none of the home nations games are an early kickoff on a weekday (which will be the only games I won't be able to sneakily watch at work :p )

Not too terrible, better than when it was in NZ anyway

Last edited:
O
Never been a fan of the ITV coverage (I know I'm in the minority here) but at least it's free... and (although I have Sky Sorts, BT Sports & Prem Sports) keeping the 6N and RWC free to air is paramount.
I've been thinking about getting Prem Sports for a while. Have BT and Sky Sports and not sure I can justify another sports package. How is the coverage on it? Any thoughts on maximising value from it?

O

I've been thinking about getting Prem Sports for a while. Have BT and Sky Sports and not sure I can justify another sports package. How is the coverage on it? Any thoughts on maximising value from it?

It's ok... I don't think I've watched anything but Pro12 & Italy vs Georgia last Autumn but it's worth it if you want to follow the Pro14. Pundit and commentary are fine... not quite as polished as what you may be used too but I like a bit of rough if you know what I mean ;). Actual game coverage (photography & edit etc) is great... handled by same company who produces the Gallagher Prem.

Are we allowed to mention apps that may be questionable that will be showing the games ?

No.

As has always been the case anyone sharing streams on the main forum will be banned. We ain't tryna get sued

I'm getting married in September and will be in Greece for the opening couple of rounds.

I have Sky and BT Sports, but neither of those is going to be much use, so does anyone know if RugbyPass allow me to watch the RWC games?

Latest posts