Rugby World Cup memories

Bada-Bing!

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions

It's not coming home (repeat) rugby is not coming home. 20 years of hurt…..

World Cup year and the pinnacle of Rugby is almost upon us. Ireland's year? France's year? Boks again? Echoes of England's run to RWC for Ireland if they can get over that QF hoodoo. Number 1 in the world, If they can win the GS this time at home v England, then having the Boks in their group. Sound familiar?

It's not coming home (repeat) rugby is not coming home. 20 years of hurt…..

World Cup year and the pinnacle of Rugby is almost upon us. Ireland's year? France's year? Boks again? Echoes of England's run to RWC for Ireland if they can get over that QF hoodoo. Number 1 in the world, If they can win the GS this time at home v England, then having the Boks in their group. Sound familiar?

Please don't mention JW I'm Aussie😭😭

Nah I meant that England teams aren't serial winners of the big competitions. Look at us in the football World Cup. We'll win it once and then keep bleating about it and annoy Scotland, Wales and Ireland about it until one of them finally wins it.
Ireland may win RWC this year if they can overcome their QF Hoodoo

Antoine Dupont and romain ntamack will be powerful in Frances World Cup campaign. But if one of them gets injured then France may be screwed

Dupont is so far above everyone else that I think it leads to people forgetting/not realising how good France's depth at 9 is. They'd obviously suffer from his loss but would still have a good player there.

Similarly Hastoy and Jalibert are no slouches at 10.

Dupont is so far above everyone else that I think it leads to people forgetting/not realising how good France's depth at 9 is. They'd obviously suffer from his loss but would still have a good player there.

Similarly Hastoy and Jalibert are no slouches at 10.
Australia Needs depth because last years spring tour was a disaster due to injuries

Antoine Dupont and romain ntamack will be powerful in Frances World Cup campaign. But if one of them gets injured then France may be screwed
Ntamack's good, but he's far from irreplacable.
France has amazing depth at SH, but Dupont is just so good, the drop down from him to... any other SH from any nation, is going to be huge, and significantly affect how the team go about playing rugby.

Pah. You can keep your Jonnys and your Jonahs. You can definitely keep your Stade de France.

If you like your rugby in the raw, or even if you don't, Skinner serving up Cecillion on toast is the ultimate RWC moment. Momentum turner in a brutal dust up in a properly hostile cauldron.

Parc des Princes, QF, 1991 for the uninitiated. You really had to be there. And some of us had that luck……

Last edited:
Pah. You can keep your Jonnys and your Jonahs. You can definitely keep your Stade de France.

If you like your rugby in the raw, or even if you don't, Skinner serving up Cecillion on toast is the ultimate RWC moment. Momentum turner in a brutal dust up in a properly hostile cauldron.

Park des Princes, QF, 1991 for the uninitiated. You really had to be there. And some of us had that luck……

Those were the days 😍

Park des Princes, QF, 1991 for the uninitiated. You really had to be there. And some of us had that luck……

So England actually have been cheating since well before I was born! Thought that was just a thing people said to be funny!

The 03 pack was great but don"t think English forward power ever got better than Leonard, Moore, Probyn, Ackford, Dooley, Skinner, Winterbottom & Teague.

Dean Richards and the Currys' uncle Vermin among the subs.

Some pack. Travesty that they weren't RWC winners. Bloody Campese.
Oh that Final was a killer 🥹.
They were a really great side and deserved to win.
I didn't think that falling for the Australians trick of criticising our style of play so we changed from our proven style, was a very clever move either.

Latest posts