• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup Schedule

Goodey

Bench Player
Club or Nation

Leicester

Happy new year, here's a graph. Implied probability from bookies' odds.

1641100233419.png

- A lot of people like France huh.
- England above SA is probably due to the draw. Also Argentina above Scotland.
- It's nice no one has more than a 25% chance, there have been recent world cups where NZ v the field is a close to even bet. That said, I expect the All Blacks' odds to improve in two years when they presumably won't have just lost two tests in a row.
- The small slices there are Scotland (navy), Japan (pink) and Fiji (grey). Everyone else is 0.1% or less.

Bruce_ma gooshvili

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Georgia

Looks like you might get fair odds for England and Ireland, and potentially good odds for the Boks and reigning 6N champs Wales. At first glance it seems a little bit mad to have 48% combined favouring NZ and France but I suppose they are guaranteed a restful passage to the QFSs so they must end up on opposite sides of the draw if they make it to the semis? If so, it isn't completely illogical.

unrated

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Sharks

Strange things have happened in a world cup, I won't be surprised at all if France doesn't make it out of their group.

We will have a better idea of prospects after this year's International fixtures. Boks to play New Zealand, England, France, Wales and Australia this year, that's pretty much all the big names mentioned to win the Cup in one year.

Looking forward to seeing what France is all about vs a known reference point.

I wonder about the England game though, reports stated that it's outside the window which means we will only be able to play our local players.
But if we will not be able to call our South African players playing in the premiership then what about England? Will their clubs release the English players outside the window but not the South African ones? I just can't see England fielding a full team if they cant use their premiership players. So this scenario is likely to happen.

Latest posts