International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
Schedule is out

RWC-2023_Match-Schedule_ENG1.png

France vs New Zealand opener looks tasty.

Ireland vs Scotland at end could be for last quarters place or who is top.

First round has some absolute bangers in there

France vs New Zealand
Wales vs Fiji
England vs Argentina
Scotland vs South Africa

Blatant trolling aside, I think we will do well from that pool. Two fairly weak games you'd imagine before facing off with South Africa in what will definitely be a pretty bruising game might be difficult, but I wouldn't massively fear it. Don't think a Quarter Final exit will be quite as embarrassing this time around with NZ and France waiting.

Last edited:
Blatant trolling aside, I think we will do well from that pool. Two fairly weak games you'd imagine before facing off with South Africa in what will definitely be a pretty bruising game might be difficult, but I wouldn't massively fear it. Don't think a Quarter Final exit will be quite as embarrassing this time around with NZ and France waiting.
See I'm in two minds about England's games. If we win against Argentina and Japan then we should have some easier games which means we can rest key players before the knockout stage. On the other hand it might mean they are a little undercooked if they've had a bit of time off and so relatively easier games, especially knowing this England side.

See I'm in two minds about England's games. If we win against Argentina and Japan then we should have some easier games which means we can rest key players before the knockout stage. On the other hand it might mean they are a little undercooked if they've had a bit of time off and so relatively easier games, especially knowing this England side.
With the way we are currently playing we could be out after two games!. I fancy the All Blacks for the RWC next time. the Springboks have got a very tough draw all the way through and England's if they get through isn't the easiest. If we play NZ in the semis next time we'll get whipped.

Has someone already bought tickets? Is it possible to buy good places the match day or it's better to buy in advance (and how early in advance)? Any other advice about visiting RWC matches,if someone has ever visited RWCs, would be appreciated pls

Chile beat Canada which means that if they can beat the loser of the USA v Uruguay game they will be in the RWC for the first time

With our population size (nearly 322 million) we shouldn't be losing to Chile (less than 20 million) in any sport. USA 15s rugby is really bad. :(

249156876_10159895133438140_9076851134592996714_n.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly America should go all out and try and bring over O'Shea, look what he has done for the Italian youth setup.

Reality is America traditional setup isn't really designed for sports like rugby.

High School to College to Professional, with drafts just doesn't really work. A lot of the teams that succeed tend to have a core of players that are really familiar with each other.

It's going to be a long journey I just feel for america and Canada to succeed they need to have a real clear out of the old guard at the top of the sport.

Wales, Australia, Fiji in the same pool again. 4th time in the last 5 tournaments.

Video of a basic and (I think) broadly accurate appraisal of the groups.

Oh to be an Englishman, Welshman, Australian or Argentinian (although Fiji, Japan, Samoa and Georgia may ask questions). A truly horrible draw for anyone with Scottish, Italian or Georgian affiliations - I'd hate to be in their shoes!

It is not unfeasible that all three miss out on auto-qualification for 2027 by finishing third in their group (depending on how many capped players Tonga can persuade to switch allegiance). There is a less than 1% chance of that happening but you wouldn't bet the farm on Scotland beating an enhanced Tonga and improving Romania, Italy beating Uruguay and Georgia beating Fiji.

Roll on 2027! :D

Actually, setting aside the old cliches which are entirely possible here:

- Ireland being ace for 4 years then going home at the QFs
- Argentina being poor for 4 years but getting to the semis
- Fiji giving half of Wales a mild heart attack
- nobody being aware Italy were actually at the tournament

I think a new cliche will be born. #ABsdon'tmakesemis. :O

Actually, setting aside the old cliches which are entirely possible here:

- Ireland being ace for 4 years then going home at the QFs
- Argentina being poor for 4 years but getting to the semis
- Fiji giving half of Wales a mild heart attack
- nobody being aware Italy were actually at the tournament

I think a new cliche will be born. #ABsdon'tmakesemis. :O
if the All Blacks lose to the French in the opener, which I think is a strong possibility, I think they are in massive trouble. I personally would not fancy them against the Springboks in a knockout game at the moment. The thing that has let NZ down for the last 3/4 years is the forwards. They get dominated by the best packs. Unless they give some of the young guns a go I don't see that changing before 2023. All I'll say is that as it currently stands, I have the ABs maybe 3rd/4th favourites for the WC. SA and France are certainly better than them in my opinion. The problem is the rugby public in NZ will always expect the ABs to win the WC even when I would question whether they have the team to do it. In other words expectation and the reality for NZ in 2023 could be two different things.

Latest posts