• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup Ticket prices announced

C

Candyman

Rugby World Cup ticket prices announced
Newstalk ZB - December 4, 2009, 6:14 am

The cheapest seat at the Rugby World Cup final at Eden Park will cost $390 and the dearest $1,250.

Prices for the tournament have been released and tickets will go on general sale in April next year.

Rugby New Zealand 2011 CEO Martin Snedden says pool matches are a lot cheaper with children's prices starting at $15 and adults $30. Children's priced tickets will be available for all pool matches and the bronze final.

Mr Snedden says although tickets for knockouts and major pool matches are expensive by New Zealand standards, two-thirds of matches are priced at or below existing test match prices and prices are comparable with major international sporting events. He says the message is that the tournament is for the whole country and not just the big cities.

"RWC 2011 is one of the world's greatest sporting events and will be a once in a lifetime opportunity in such a rugby-loving country as New Zealand. Hosting such an event in New Zealand is a fantastic chance for us to showcase New Zealand and the prices mean the vast majority of matches are priced at a level all New Zealanders can access.

"Many matches will be played during the day and we're keen to see as many families as possible enjoy the RWC 2011 experience. There will be at least one match at every venue which a family of four can enjoy for between $90 and $120 plus booking fees."

Mr Snedden believes the prices will result in each match being played in front of full venues, however, it is expected that a loss of around $39 million will still be made. He says the tournament, which is being held across 13 venues, will be "a wonderful festival of rugby with an incredible atmosphere for 44 days throughout the whole country."

More information on ticketing can be found at www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Candyman @ Dec 4 2009, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rugby World Cup ticket prices announced
Newstalk ZB - December 4, 2009, 6:14 am

The cheapest seat at the Rugby World Cup final at Eden Park will cost $390 and the dearest $1,250.

Prices for the tournament have been released and tickets will go on general sale in April next year.

Rugby New Zealand 2011 CEO Martin Snedden says pool matches are a lot cheaper with children's prices starting at $15 and adults $30. Children's priced tickets will be available for all pool matches and the bronze final.

Mr Snedden says although tickets for knockouts and major pool matches are expensive by New Zealand standards, two-thirds of matches are priced at or below existing test match prices and prices are comparable with major international sporting events. He says the message is that the tournament is for the whole country and not just the big cities.

"RWC 2011 is one of the world's greatest sporting events and will be a once in a lifetime opportunity in such a rugby-loving country as New Zealand. Hosting such an event in New Zealand is a fantastic chance for us to showcase New Zealand and the prices mean the vast majority of matches are priced at a level all New Zealanders can access.

"Many matches will be played during the day and we're keen to see as many families as possible enjoy the RWC 2011 experience. There will be at least one match at every venue which a family of four can enjoy for between $90 and $120 plus booking fees."

Mr Snedden believes the prices will result in each match being played in front of full venues, however, it is expected that a loss of around $39 million will still be made. He says the tournament, which is being held across 13 venues, will be "a wonderful festival of rugby with an incredible atmosphere for 44 days throughout the whole country."

More information on ticketing can be found at www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets.[/b]

Good work posting this up. I think they've done some good work in trying to make it affordable and I'm planning on seeing about 3-5 games if I can. Even if they might not be All Black games. Will just have to pick sides that I want to do well also and try to get to their games.

Yeah I think it's pretty good pricing for a pool game! When you think it costs $15 to go see a super 14 game these prices for a RWC match is really good!! And if your Travelling to NZ for the RWC from like the UK these prices will be nothing!!

I know in Invercargill we're getting Scotland vs Unkown and Argentina vs Unkown so these games themselves will be bloody good to see!!

I'm just glad the prices are not to ridiculously expensive as it was first though. Happy they're not revenue gathering for the IRB.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Dec 4 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm just glad the prices are not to ridiculously expensive as it was first though. Happy they're not revenue gathering for the IRB.[/b]

Yeah, sad that the NZRFU is projected to make a $39Million loss though. :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 4 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Dec 4 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just glad the prices are not to ridiculously expensive as it was first though. Happy they're not revenue gathering for the IRB.[/b]

Yeah, sad that the NZRFU is projected to make a $39Million loss though. :(
[/b][/quote]

Yeah it is a shame! But think how much money NZ will be set to make from tourisim etc!!

$39 million loss that just sounds like how much they're not gonna get to me. Anyway I'll probably try get to a few pool games it'll be cool as just to watch any team whether it was stewart island vs chatham islands as long as there's food, beverages and b#@!$ it's all good.

$39m loss, is that from the profit they expect to make minus the amount they paid to be hosts to the IRB? damn IRB

Latest posts