M Ledesma (Argentina)
S Marconnet (France)
JM Fernandez Lobbe (Argentina)
F Du Preez (South Africa)
J Wilkinson (England)
Y Jauzion (France)
JM Hernandez (Argentina).

------------------------------------------

They elected O'Driscoll player of the decade (********, that was McCaw) and completely missed out the left wing.

So I included Ben Cohen. For shits and giggles. And to annoy Ripper. Doesn't matter anyway, the team is utter cack (for example, WTF is Hernandez doing in there?)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 6 2010, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, it's not 'cack' is it?[/b]
In fairness there are a few players that in my opinion shouldn't be anywhere near the team
M Giteau is not a first centre and I would rather have Dallaglio at 6 then Richard Hill any day even thouh he played his best rugby at 8
Howlett/Habana would be a much better choice for the wing spots

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kramer @ Jan 6 2010, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 6 2010, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it's not 'cack' is it?[/b]
In fairness there are a few players that in my opinion shouldn't be anywhere near the team
M Giteau is not a first centre and I would rather have Dallaglio at 6 then Richard Hill any day even thouh he played his best rugby at 8
Howlett/Habana would be a much better choice for the wing spots
[/b][/quote]
OR even someone like Shane Williams :p

or Rocokoco

My thoughts:

15. M Muliana - No. He was the best from 2007-2008, but of the decade there's obviously Jason Robinson and still Cullen to consider. Robinson gets my vote.
14. J Robinson - He's the Fullback. So remaining we have Joe, Howlett, Habana, Heymans, Clerc, Lewsey, Williams... I'd go Howlett.
13. B O'Driscoll - A fair vote. Could be a fair argument for Tana Umaga. I'll go BOD.
12. M Giteau - He's not a 12. However Jauzion and Mortlock are. I'll go Jauzion.
11. B Cohen - I only put him in to be silly. Of the remaining wingers, it's got to be Habana.
10. D Carter - Obvious really, although Giteau runs him a close second.
9. A Pichot - Between him, Greegan, Dawson, Peel & Ellisade. I'd give it to Pichot.

1. Jenkins - No Arguments here.
2. J Smit - No arguments here. Woods was more a player of the 90's but maybe can still be considered a bench man. Or maybe Mealamu just for annoying the Irish.
3. Hayman - And no Arguments here!
4. Johnson © - Say what you will about him as a coach, but even I can't deny he made an outstanding impact to world rugby.
5. Matfield - Consistantly overall the best lock since his debut in 2001. Chris Jack unluck to miss out.
6. Hill - A risk some would forget about him. Jerry Collins misses out.
7. McCaw - Was never in doubt.
8. Parisse - Very nearly, but the Argentine-Italian never had as much an impact on the game as a certain Italian-Englishman. LBNW.

Bench:
16. R Roncero - One of the worlds most dangerous props, but not Castrogiovanni
17. M Ledesma - Longstanding, but not a patch on Ibanez.
18. S Marconnet (France) An excellent servant for the French front row
19. JM Fernandez Lobbe - He's not that good. Certainly not Parisse.
20. F Du Preez - Came along too late, but still has had quite an impact. His best years are still to come, so team of the next decade?
21. J Wilkinson - No
22. Y Jauzion - Already starting
23. JM Hernandez - The f*** is he doing there?

So:

15. Robinson
14. Howlett
13. O'Driscoll
12. Jauzion
11. Habana
10. Carter
9. Pichot
8. Dallaglio
7. McCaw
6. Hill
5. Matfield
4. Johnson
3. Heyman
2. Smit
1. Jenkins

Bench (23)

16. Ibanez
17. Castrogiovanni
18. Marconnet
19. Jack
20. Parisse
21. Dawson/Greegan (take your pick)
22. Giteau
23. Lewsey (for his flexibility)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 6 2010, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My thoughts:

15. M Muliana - No. He was the best from 2007-2008, but of the decade there's obviously Jason Robinson and still Cullen to consider. Robinson gets my vote.
14. J Robinson - He's the Fullback. So remaining we have Joe, Howlett, Habana, Heymans, Clerc, Lewsey, Williams... I'd go Howlett.
13. B O'Driscoll - A fair vote. Could be a fair argument for Tana Umaga. I'll go BOD.
12. M Giteau - He's not a 12. However Jauzion and Mortlock are. I'll go Jauzion.
11. B Cohen - I only put him in to be silly. Of the remaining wingers, it's got to be Habana.
10. D Carter - Obvious really, although Giteau runs him a close second.
9. A Pichot - Between him, Greegan, Dawson, Peel & Ellisade. I'd give it to Pichot.

1. Jenkins - No Arguments here.
2. J Smit - No arguments here. Woods was more a player of the 90's but maybe can still be considered a bench man. Or maybe Mealamu just for annoying the Irish.
3. Hayman - And no Arguments here!
4. Johnson © - Say what you will about him as a coach, but even I can't deny he made an outstanding impact to world rugby.
5. Matfield - Consistantly overall the best lock since his debut in 2001. Chris Jack unluck to miss out.
6. Hill - A risk some would forget about him. Jerry Collins misses out.
7. McCaw - Was never in doubt.
8. Parisse - Very nearly, but the Argentine-Italian never had as much an impact on the game as a certain Italian-Englishman. LBNW.

Bench:
16. R Roncero - One of the worlds most dangerous props, but not Castrogiovanni
17. M Ledesma - Longstanding, but not a patch on Ibanez.
18. S Marconnet (France) An excellent servant for the French front row
19. JM Fernandez Lobbe - He's not that good. Certainly not Parisse.
20. F Du Preez - Came along too late, but still has had quite an impact. His best years are still to come, so team of the next decade?
21. J Wilkinson - No
22. Y Jauzion - Already starting
23. JM Hernandez - The f*** is he doing there?

So:

15. Robinson
14. Howlett
13. O'Driscoll
12. Jauzion
11. Habana
10. Carter
9. Pichot
8. Dallaglio
7. McCaw
6. Hill
5. Matfield
4. Johnson
3. Heyman
2. Smit
1. Jenkins

Bench (23)

16. Ibanez
17. Castrogiovanni
18. Marconnet
19. Jack
20. Parisse
21. Dawson/Greegan (take your pick)
22. Giteau
23. Lewsey (for his flexibility)[/b]

I'd agree with near all that. Only one thing. Dawson? Are you nuts. Egomaniacal prat, still is in fact. Gregan was 1000000% better.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jan 6 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd agree with near all that. Only one thing. Dawson? Are you nuts. Egomaniacal prat, still is in fact. Gregan was 1000000% better.[/b]

Definitely, he was an egotistical tosser. That said, he's still had the best pass & rugby best brain of his generation and had an uncanny nack of making referees see things his way.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jan 6 2010, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And a former Saint.

Now I see.....

;)[/b]

Doesn't matter. Don't you think I would have put Thompson and Grayson in there otherwise?

Just because GingerGenius says I make all of my decisions based on what team someone plays for doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 6 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jan 6 2010, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd agree with near all that. Only one thing. Dawson? Are you nuts. Egomaniacal prat, still is in fact. Gregan was 1000000% better.[/b]

Definitely, he was an egotistical tosser. That said, he's still had the best pass & rugby best brain of his generation and had an uncanny nack of making referees see things his way.
[/b][/quote]

Bracken had the best pass although Dawson was a better scrum half. Still, it's hard to disagree with your team. I'm a fan of Giteau so I'd pick him at prop if I had to, but besides that, spot on.

Also, Chris Latham and Percy Montgomery are the most forgotten geniuses of the decade.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jan 6 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also, Chris Latham and Percy Montgomery are the most forgotten geniuses of the decade.[/b]
Deffinatley, Latham is a very close second to Robinson for FB in my eyes, so close in fact that i'd consider Robinson on the wing with Latham at FB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 6 2010, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jan 6 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Chris Latham and Percy Montgomery are the most forgotten geniuses of the decade.[/b]
Deffinatley, Latham is a very close second to Robinson for FB, so close that i'd consider Robinson on the wing with Latham at FB
[/b][/quote]

And drop which winger?

What a lovely problem being the coach of this would have...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 6 2010, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 6 2010, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jan 6 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deffinatley, Latham is a very close second to Robinson for FB, so close that i'd consider Robinson on the wing with Latham at FB
[/b][/quote]

And drop which winger?

What a lovely problem being the coach of this would have...
[/b][/quote]
Habana,
He's undeniably great, i just don't like him :p

I'd have De Villiers instead of Marconnet at tighthead. Other than that, spot on.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 6 2010, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They elected O'Driscoll player of the decade (********, that was McCaw) and completely missed out the left wing.

So I included Ben Cohen. For shits and giggles. And to annoy Ripper. Doesn't matter anyway, the team is utter cack (for example, WTF is Hernandez doing in there?)[/b]
Er, no, Shane Williams was on the left wing. I'll scan the page if you want.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kramer @ Jan 6 2010, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
...and I would rather have Dallaglio at 6 then Richard Hill any day even thouh he played his best rugby at 8[/b]

No.

No, no, no.

Richard Hill had the skills of a 7 but the size of a 6. The man was a flanking god. You can't look past him for the number 6 jersey.

Richard Hill was a monster. A team without him in the starting lineup should not be considered as a great one.

Agree with most of Bullit's lineup, especially with Robinson at FB...what a legend.

1. Jenkins
2. Smit
3. Hayman
4. Johnson
5. Matfield
6. Hill
7. McCaw
8. Dallaglio
9. Gregan
10. Carter
11. Rokocoko
12. Umaga
13. O'Driscoll
14. Habana
15. Robinson

Players such as Cullen, Lomu and Wood don't make the team, because why they were great and even better players then the ones selected, they acheived greatness in the 90's and not 2000's.

nah they selected Shane Williams as the left wing no Ben Cohen lol.

my team would be

Os Du Randt
John Smit
Carl Hayman
Victor Matfield
Martin Johnson
Sebastien Chabal
Richie McCaw
Lawrence Dallaglio

Augustin Pichot
Daniel Carter
Sitiveni Sivivatu
Matt Giteau
Stirling Mortlock
Shane Williams
Chris Latham

bench:

Rupeni Caucaunibuca
Johnny Wilkinson
Fourie Du Preez
Mario Ledesma
Phil Vickery
Fernandez Lobbe i guess,
Schalk Burger

its a shame Steven Larkham can't get a spot, but we had 3 legendary first fives this decade.

Latest posts