• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby's Version Of 'Groundhopping'

GarethGriffiths

Academy Player
Are there any fans who are 'Groundhoppers' i.e. people who will go and watch rugby matches at different levels (from Internationals to Courage League or even County Leagues and below).

I have seen a lot of football ground-hopping videos on You Tube, but there doesn't seem to be many (or any) videos about rugby groundhoppers.

If there is a rugby groundhoppers community, do please let me know in comments below - thanks!

Are there any fans who are 'Groundhoppers' i.e. people who will go and watch rugby matches at different levels (from Internationals to Courage League or even County Leagues and below).

I have seen a lot of football ground-hopping videos on You Tube, but there doesn't seem to be many (or any) videos about rugby groundhoppers.

If there is a rugby groundhoppers community, do please let me know in comments below - thanks!

I'm not a "groundhopper" in the twitcher sense of ticking them off the list, but in the terms specified, I follow my home club in what was one of the Courage Leagues many moons ago, plus the occasional Cornish Pirates game, the odd AP game and the odd international.

I know of a former Wakefield supporter who now finds himself with spare time on his hands on a Saturday afternoon which he spends at a wide variety of grounds around Yorkshire. I think he's on some sort of Pokemon kick to visit them all. I've heard plenty of people in the London area who visit a variety of grounds thanks to the ease of getting to them by public transport. One in particular has Cornish roots, so is able to get to Redruth and Pirates (and formerly Cornish All Blacks) away games as well as London Cornish games.

I imagine there's plenty of fun to be had in Bristol between Bristol themselves, Clifton, Dings and the Combination.

What area are you from and where have you "hopped" to so far @GarethGriffiths? Also, you didn't play a season at fly half for Redruth did you?

Not a community as such and certainly no videos, but you're more likely to find "groundhoppers" over at Rolling Maul, although the majority of discussion is limited to level 5+.

Yea, I do.

I'm from Glos originally and try to catch one or two matches a season at Kingsholm. These days I live near Bristol and have a number of adopted sides locally, ranging from NL3SW to the Somerset County League.

When I go away (in the UK) I try to catch a game, wherever I am.

I took my wife to the Melrose 7s for our honeymoon.

I wish I'd been fit enough to play for Redruth :)

I've 'hopped' so far to Kingsholm, The Madjeski Stadium, The Stoop and Melksham and Royal Wootton Bassett - the latter two are lovely smaller grounds, and well worth a visit.

Latest posts