• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rules of the game that are ignored perpetually

Tony Manx

TRF Season Ticket Holder
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
I was interested in O'Dwyers outburst in calling the lions cheats and their only following the example of their NZ coach....made absolutely stupid when the Aussies are coached by one and in any case it is called playing to the ref.....

This got me to thinking about the rules that are never (or as rarely and random as the crooked feed of a scrum) enforced by anyone....

- Throwing in.....the thrower has to be outside the line of touch....they are now heading toward the five metre line!!

- Binding in scrums.....no one is supposed to bind on the arm but how many collapses are replayed showing that one prop has bound on the arm whcih must have the effect of pulling the scrum down?

- Defending the receiver at the kick off

Any more?

Crooked feed at scrum
Backrow binding at the scrum is very often overlooked as well - same with ball carrier being bound to mauls.

- Binding in scrums.....no one is supposed to bind on the arm but how many collapses are replayed showing that one prop has bound on the arm whcih must have the effect of pulling the scrum down?

This kept happening to me today in club rugby - enfuriating. Yeah, if you bind on the arms and pull in you make the scrum unstable and ultimately collaps. Any good referee should notice and give a penalty but the one we had today was a 70 year old fool who couldn't be arsed looking at the binding.

The one that always gets me are players offside from the kick off. There are almost always two or three players who are blatantly past the halfway line by the time they kick.

This kept happening to me today in club rugby - enfuriating. Yeah, if you bind on the arms and pull in you make the scrum unstable and ultimately collaps. Any good referee should notice and give a penalty but the one we had today was a 70 year old fool who couldn't be arsed looking at the binding.

The one that always gets me are players offside from the kick off. There are almost always two or three players who are blatantly past the halfway line by the time they kick.

To add to that most kickers are over he line, Sexton almost always is.

Obstruction (?) at the lineout. (The guys that lift the jumper pulling the jumper back down and then obstructing by going in front of the jumper when setting up the maul.) Sometimes penalised, sometimes not.

The thing that i hate is the feed at the scrum , yes there is a certin way you can put it inso that it goes to a particular side but it is ridiculous now .... They might as well just put it in the n8's feet

Latest posts