• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rumors: Israel Folau to Toulon (After RWC 2015)

Fair enough , don't think folau would be the type to leave Australia though he's getting more than enough money off the waratahs and his various sponsorship deals like ascics

Because Toulon and their sugar daddy like new toys.

In France they are called investors or sponsors or even partners is sugar daddy an Irish termanolgy!!!!!!!! also these people ask for results, 2 H Cup and a Top 14 in 2 seasons money well spent i would think!!!!!!!

It would be interesting to see how self-sufficient Toulon are. From what I understand they are now making money

It would be interesting to see how self-sufficient Toulon are. From what I understand they are now making money

Exactly Toulon is a business that makes money and costs Boujellal nothing he even declared this a couple of months back in the interview, Toulon get around 15,000 every home match the attendances TOP 14 are much larger on average than any where in the UK

FFS....every time there is some sort of silly story about a player linked to Toulon we have to go through this B....... nonsense about sugar daddies and other such C***........................

Toulon is a PROFITABLE business that does not need external donations from Boujedall or anybody else!

Get over it and give up..............!

Last edited:
Are tickets in France a lot more than they are in the UK?
I mean, Leicester Tigers get bigger crowds (due to having a bigger stadium) than Toulon, and are profitable, but I couldn't see them being able to pay like 2,3,4,5 times their current wage bill to match Toulon/other French clubs.

i cant say for Toulon but behind the posts season ticket at Montpellier is just around 300€, i think, a game ticket from 25-50€ the big difference is in the sponsors, at Montpellier we have over 500 some small, some bigger, and some who are huge plus your talking about Leicester this is one team all the TOP 14 teams get good crowds La Rochelle who were Pro D2 last season average around 12,000 and now they are promoted they have enlarged there ground to 15,000 some clubs play at football clubs for the big games like Toulon, Paris, Toulouse Bordeaux Grenoble to increase crowd capacity. In genral there is more money in French rugby than probably anywhere else in the world. Apart from Leicester who else has big crowds no one and its even worse in Wales and Scotland, Ireland has good followings, but all the clubs in France are run as profitable business a French club are not allowed to make a loss, or they can be punished ( DNGG) by demotion as many as 2/3 divisions (Montauban a few seasons back)

Are tickets in France a lot more than they are in the UK?
I mean, Leicester Tigers get bigger crowds (due to having a bigger stadium) than Toulon, and are profitable, but I couldn't see them being able to pay like 2,3,4,5 times their current wage bill to match Toulon/other French clubs.

Last season it was near enough 500 euro for 13 Top 14 plus 3 Amlin games for best seats at Biarritz (although this year that has only dropped to about 400 for the 15 games in Pro 2) but you forget the huge money that the Canal+ pay for the TV rights in France, as opposed to the amount BT Sports and ITV pay for APL, which is why they show four/five games every week live.

In fact every game is show live every week all 7 of them if you subscibe to rugby+ as well!! Tv this year 71 mil i think.

Latest posts