• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Russia vs. United States, Churchill Cup, Bowl Final

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
Two sides who both have 0-2 records will meet on Saturday at noon for the Churchill Cup Bowl (Full Test match IRB ranking points are on the line), but the records aren't indicative of how they have played.

Russia has looked energetic, organized, with great performances from their most talented players, they were within striking distance of beating both Italy "A" and Canada and were the better team for large portions of both games.

The Eagles looked awful in both of their games so far with massive losses to both the Saxons and Tonga. Poor preparation, terrible squad selection and subpar performances from players who have potential and talent. The Americans will be looking to right the ship and salvage something out of this tournament.

Here are your lineups.

U.S.A.

B. Scully; C. Hawley, P. Emerick, A. Suniula, K.Swiryn; N.Malifa, M. Petri; M. Moeakiola, C. Biller, S. Pittman, J. Van der Giessen, S. Lavalla, I. Basauri, T. Clever (C), L. Stanfill.

Reps: P Thiel, E. Fry, P. Danahy, N. Johnson, T. Usasz, R. Suniula, T. Enosa

Russia

I. Klyuchnikov; V. Artemyev, M. Babaev, A. Makovetsky, V. Ostroushko; Y. Kushnarev, A. Shakirov; S. Popov, V. Korshunov(C), I. Prishchepenko, A. Voytov, D. Antonov, A. Temnov, A. Garbuzov, V. Grachev

Reps: V. Tsnobiladze, A. Chernyshev, A. Panasenko, V. Gresev, A. Bykanov, A. Ryabov, I. Galinovsky

The long break could give the Americans time to figure out what went wrong, Russia has looked the better team though and I fell they deserve to close out with a win, Russia by 5.

Should be interesting, and with them meeting in the WC will be a good benchmark of where they are

Going to be routing for Russia in this, no idea what will happen, USA have looked poor so far and Russia have looked pretty good at times
Think it'll be close

Should be interesting, and with them meeting in the WC will be a good benchmark of where they are

Going to be routing for Russia in this, no idea what will happen, USA have looked poor so far and Russia have looked pretty good at times
Think it'll be close

Russia is on the way up and USA is on the way down. The USA rugby is in chaos. 7's they seem to have their act together but at the 15's level there is no cohesive strategy. No sensible or even discernible pathway to National honors and no structure that will provide players with the oportunity to suceed.

Russia by 12

Russia look so good ball in hand,
Silly errors and knocks hurting them, but a very promising team

Very close game as well, 25 - 25 with 15mins to go

Edit:
FT: USA 32 - 25 Russia

Gutted for Russia, think they played better than USA

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks the USA shirts look a bit... excessive patriotic?FlagshirtBenn.jpg

Latest posts