• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Russian rugby

white bear

Academy Player
Country Flag
Russian Federation
Club or Nation
Russia
I propose to write to this topic on all matters relating to Russian clubs, national team, the Russian players in foreiners leagues, about the history and future of Russian rugby.

VVA-Podmoskovye club is building a new stadium (10-11thousand people + a hotel, a children's academy). Planned to be completed in 2012. After that will be taken in Amlin Challenge Cup.

Last edited:
Russian Professional Rugby League season 2011

1. Enisey Krasnoyarsk (Siberia)
2. Krasny Yar Krasnoyarsk (Siberia)
3. VVA Monino (Moscow area)
4. RC Novokuznetsk (Siberia)
5. Imperia Penza
6. Spartak Moscow
7. Slava Moscow
8. Fili Moscow

Second level

9. Agrouniversitet Kazan
10. Raduga Taganrog
11. Air Force Academy Monino
12. Lokomotiv Moscow
13. Dinamo-Energy Kazan
14. Narvskaya Zastava Saint-Perersburg
15. Varyag Novgorod

http://www.rugby.ru/event/resultsevent/championship2011/
http://www.rugby.ru/event/resultsevent/championship20112/

It is assumed that in the season 2012 in the Super League will have 10 clubs. Will be added Agrouniversitet Kazan and Bulava Taganrog (rename Raduga).

Thanks for the updates, what sort of media coverage is the national league getting over there?

Thanks for the updates, what sort of media coverage is the national league getting over there?
I'll try to update news and interesting information. As for the media. Unfortunately very little show of rugby in Russia. Yes, World Cup, sometimes other tournaments. But the Russian League did not show at all. You see we have unfortunately mixed sports with politics, so developing and respectively cover the media mostly Olympic sports. Stategrants and sponsors are, for example, curling (what's this?), But not in rugby or Russian hockey.
But after a good game in the World Cup there is hope for the development of rugby in Russia. The next season plan to show the Russian League on the internet.

Simplikevich is a very good prospect.
How old is he? 20/21?

Very impressive outside back with plenty of pace and strength. He looks like he is only going to get bigger. Jonah Lomuvich?

I liked the look of some of the Russian players, I think that we will really see some quality players emerge over the next few years. Hopefully they can get a team into the Amlin and perhaps the Nations Cup.

Simplikevich have 20 years, in 2011 he became the champion of Russia with Enisey, a graduate of the club Novokuznetsk.
As for the physical data of our players think it will be interesting what he said Kushnaryov in Australia:
"By the way, I noticed that the physical data are not many players in Melbourne exceed those guys who I'm playing in the Russian national team and the VVA. Most of the Russian players are much more physically and developed, and many have much more technical. For example, Victor Gresev, of which there many of you know, after his successful performance at the World Cup and is even expected to see here with me, definitely would have been one of the best, if not the best player in the third line in the Rebels. Russian rugby players physically superior to many, the main problem - in head."

Unfortunately, while the Russian rugby is very little money. Budgets rugby clubs can not even compare to the budget of women's volleyball or basketball teams,and even more so with hockey and football.
The maximum budget for three leaders - about 3-4 million euros. The remaining clubs much less.

To tell the truth, that isn't very far off what the Scottish pro teams use, and we only have two of them.

True? but how much? I have heard that the budget of Toulouse 30-40 million euros, I think that the other French and British clubs have budgets in the tens of millions.

Salary cap in the Aviva caps it to just over £4million (think it's 4.4? something like that)

But do not forget that in England the more competition among rugby players, many foreigners are eager to go to you, so you have more than balanced budgets. InRussia, the leading clubs are trying to Russian national team players to pay more not to have gone abroad.

Victor Gresev was named best player of the Russian Super League 2011 season. In the 2 times after the 2009 season.

But do not forget that in England the more competition among rugby players, many foreigners are eager to go to you, so you have more than balanced budgets. InRussia, the leading clubs are trying to Russian national team players to pay more not to have gone abroad.

Surely in the short term the more russian players playing in top14/rabpro/ aviva & HC & Amlin the better for the national side as it will be valuable exp for them. Long term a top class domestic set up is ideal but you need a succesful national team to achieve this so its a delicate balancing act i guess. I'd like to see Russia being a genuine force in European rugby but i think your a good 10 years away tbh

Interesting stuff. When will a Russian team join the Amlin?

_57457762_ostrikov.jpg

Andrei Ostrikov's early Sale form praised by coaches

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/16288488.stm

Latest posts