• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 $200 cheap seats $1500 best seats WTF!

J

jawmalawm24

Just saw it on 3 news and thats bull$#@! it's probably normal price but what would people get for their money seriously $1500 for a good seat you could probably buy 15 jersey's for one of the teams playing on the field for that price.

How much were seats in Aus, France etc? they should call it the Rugby World Cost who the hell can afford that it's stupid f$#! the Nzrfu!!!!

God! you want to say that 200$ is the smallest cost and $1500 the highest on RWC 2011????

What's a fkuck? does it mean that only bussienssmen can get the stadiums and talk about their glorious cars and high feet ***** wife? and how they rule the whole world?

Bad news, 1500$ is the sum you can really buy the whole teams jerseys before match.

In my country prices are too tooo toooo low on rugby matches, whether international or Georgian championship, this attracts more public attention.

coins-tickets-money_~PAA204000048.jpg

I remember during RWC 2003 seeing Wales vs Tonga at Bruce Stadium in Canberra and we deadset paid $25 for among the best general admission seats.

In 2011 surely the lesser anticipated pool match games would have relatively cheap seats?!

I can understand high prices for finals at the bigger stadiums but jeez...

Perhaps $1500 is for the best seats in the final...I don't know what the $200 would be for though? Cheapest price for the final?

I've been reading up on other sources and it all seems that "ticket prices will be significantly more than previous rggby world cups". This is crazy! I can understand wanting to make some money after massive spending on redevelopments and whatnot, but the price hikes will no doubt backfire and there will be bugger all people turning up!

Instead of going to a game being a "luxury/want", in order to go it will be classed as a sheer "extravagance" because of the costs involved!

I'm certainly second guessing whether to go or not because I was planning on seeing 4 pool games, a quarter and a semi. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see the prices though.

Sure, the final matches are gettin' more and more costly but even 200$ is expensive I think.

And what about the seats to cost $1500, is it on the arena itself among the players :lol2tn:

If you remember NZ side asked IRB to shorten the participating teams from 20 to 16 and they argued that financial lack forced them to do so, but later French president of IRB didn't restrict that number,

and I think did it OK, because no rugby development will proceed if "highers" will be bordered away from "lowers"

So does it mean that NZ side has serious financial problems?

610x.jpg

Which $ is it? Is it US $ or NZ $ or Aus $ or Can $ or HK $ or Moon $ or ... ? What's the change rate in true Rugby money, i.e. £ or â'¬?

Yeah I was going to say whooaaaaaa and say is this in NZ $?

Because if it is, that'll mean the cheapest seat will cost only 5 pence or a single US Dollar...

Wow it means we have got lost in the money exchange types :unsure: embarassing moment.

If NZ Dollars are told it happens that the cheapest ticket price is expected.

Who's gonna answer our questions?

QuestionMark.jpg

Just run it through the converter.

The cheapest seat at the RWC Final would set you back:

£76
US$135
CAN$143
94 Euro-monopoly money
187 Georgian Lari ;)

i went to aus vs ireland at telstra dome during wc2003. i didn't pay for the seats but the gold seat i had was AU$130

According to my friend Jason, everything in NZ is more expensive than other places, guess Tickets are no different.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tighthead III @ Sep 5 2008, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
According to my friend Jason, everything in NZ is more expensive than other places, guess Tickets are no different.[/b]

alcohol is dirt cheap in NZ, everything else is expensive

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 5 2008, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tighthead III @ Sep 5 2008, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to my friend Jason, everything in NZ is more expensive than other places, guess Tickets are no different.[/b]

alcohol is dirt cheap in NZ, everything else is expensive
[/b][/quote]Yeah wish I could say the same about the women but these days with the petrol prices you start paying for them as soon as they hop into your car.

Back on topic yep everythings in $Nz so like Prestwick said it'll only be about a pound or 2 cheeky bugger. Anyway It's far out of reach of your normal labouring Rugby fan and puts it straight into the hands of the consecutives. All they're worried about is money because on the news they're just talking about how each quarter, semi and final could produce the city hosting them $25mil+. They're not worried about the Rugby it's all money talk and nothing else.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 4 2008, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i went to aus vs ireland at telstra dome during wc2003. i didn't pay for the seats but the gold seat i had was AU$130[/b]

Was that a good game?

The only game I went to in '03 was Scotland vs USA, I was a child back then but mine wouldve been $15-$30 I think?

But I might be thinking of going to NZ for the RWC, not on these prices though, if its that expensive I'll save up for Japan 2015 (should they get it)

Have a feeling this wc could be a bit of a disaster, will cost 300mil to run, 280mil profit expected on tickets, i dont think many people would go from Europe.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Sep 5 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 4 2008, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i went to aus vs ireland at telstra dome during wc2003. i didn't pay for the seats but the gold seat i had was AU$130[/b]

Was that a good game?

The only game I went to in '03 was Scotland vs USA, I was a child back then but mine wouldve been $15-$30 I think?

But I might be thinking of going to NZ for the RWC, not on these prices though, if its that expensive I'll save up for Japan 2015 (should they get it)

Have a feeling this wc could be a bit of a disaster, will cost 300mil to run, 280mil profit expected on tickets, i dont think many people would go from Europe.
[/b][/quote]

it was the final pool game and the wallabies got up by 1 point! the atmosphere around melbourne was awesome around that time with all the tourists floating around. it beats the wankers who come here for the grand prix.

in the opening cutscene of rugby 08 you see BOD turn wendell around and score in the corner... well that was the same game.

Yeah You're right Prestwick, I have ran these money converters.
Actually that's the good price for the RWC final match because I am ready to pay more for good rugby.

Georgian Lari is not the most strong valute in the world but we try ours :cheers:

What is main for beer to be cheap up there, for me BEER is the main attribute for Rugby.

Here is the picture of 100 GEO Lari I am gonna pay for final match if I happen to move to NZ RWC 2011. :bravo:

GE59.JPG

Latest posts