The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
TRY THE OFFICAL RUGBY WORLD CUP 2011 VIDEO GAME AHEAD OF AUGUST LAUNCH
DEMO RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED
(Milton Keynes, UK) – 20, July 2011 – Global video game publisher, 505 Games and developer HB Studios today announced that fans eagerly awaiting the launch of the official Rugby World Cup 2011 video game will be able to get hands on with a demo from early August.
The demo will feature England v South Africa with the match set in Auckland to give players a taste of the biggest Rugby event to take place in the last four years.
In the full version of the game launching 26, August, players will be challenged to pick from the 20 participating teams and attempt to lead their team through the pool phase, and progress to the Final with the opportunity to lift the prestigious Webb Ellis Cup.
National rivalries, venues and player personalities are perfectly captured in game as participants will fight for the pride of their nation in either solo play or with up to three other players in local multiplayer matches. For the first time, HB Studios will also give players the chance to fight for the glory of their country online by challenging other players to one-on-one matches on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network and PlayStation®Network.
The Rugby World Cup 2011 demo will be live on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network from 02, August 2011 and PlayStation®Network from 03, August 2011.

About HB Studios.
HB Studios is the largest video game developer in Atlantic Canada. Founded in July 2000, HB has shipped 32 ***les with over 200 SKUs across Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation®Portable, Windows PC and PlayStation®2 selling more than 17.5 million units. For more information, please visit http://www.hb-studios.com/

About 505 Games
505 Games is a global publisher of video games, publishing games for all ages across multiple platforms including, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Sony PlayStation® 3, Nintendo Wii™ and DS, Windows PC, Facebook, iPhone®, Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network, and PlayStation®Network.
505 Games has offices in key territories around the world to publish and distribute its library of successful ***les which include ArmA II, IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, the Cooking Mama World series, Naughty Bear, Backbreaker and Zumba Fitness.
505 Games is headquartered in Milton Keynes – UK, with international offices in Lyon (France), Munich (Germany), Milan (Italy), Madrid (Spain) and Los Angeles (U.S.A). A further network of key distribution partners based in Nordic territories and Australia enable global distribution of 505's ***les.
To see the latest releases, news and more about 505 Games go to: www.505games.co.uk
About Rugby World Cup 2011
Rugby World Cup is the crown jewel of the sport and a prominent global property – with television coverage of Rugby World Cup 2007 spanning more than 200 territories, reaching a cumulative audience of 4 billion viewers. Rugby World Cup 2011 is being held in New Zealand for the first time since the inaugural event in 1987. Teams representing 20 nations will compete in 48 matches across 12 Host Cities between 9 September and 23 October 2011.
See www.rugbyworldcup.com
Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox LIVE are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.

This is going to be the first opportunity in a long time that players will be able to play Rugby on the Xbox 360 and PS3, I can't wait even tho I have played the game, I will be getting my fix of the demo, way before I get my hands on playing the game... Great opportunity to work on skills as well :)

Expect the Xbox Live and PSN networks not to be able to cope with the downloads... Spread the Word the demo is out on the 2nd/3rd of August

UPDATED!! - 02/08/09

KICK, PASS, TACKLE AND TRY THE OFFICIAL RUGBY WORLD CUP 2011 GAME AHEAD OF LAUNCH
DEMO LIVE NOW ON XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE
(Milton Keynes, UK) – 02, August 2011 – Global video game publisher, 505 Games and developer HB Studios today announced that fans eagerly awaiting the launch of the Official Rugby World Cup 2011 videogame will be able to get hands on with a demo today on Xbox and tomorrow on PSN.
The demo features England v South Africa with the match set in Auckland to give players a taste of the biggest sporting event to take place this year. The demo is meant for players of all abilities and will give everyone a taste of the Official videogame of Rugby World Cup 2011.
In the full version of the game launching 26, August 2011, players will be able to customise the difficulty setting as they are challenged to pick from the 20 participating teams and attempt to lead their team through the pool phase, and progress to the Final with the opportunity to lift the prestigious Webb Ellis Cup.
National rivalries, venues and player personalities are perfectly captured in game as participants will fight for the pride of their nation in either solo play or with up to three other players in local multiplayer matches. For the first time, HB Studios will also give players the chance to fight for the glory of their country online by challenging other players to one-on-one matches on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network and PlayStation®Network.
The Rugby World Cup 2011 demo will be live on Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network globally from 02, August 2011 and PlayStation®Network from 03, August 2011 in PAL territories.

Brilliant! Can't wait :) only I'd have preferred Ireland to england lol

Awsome!!!! Can't wait just to bad I won't be able to download it, intenet is crap slow! But ask one of my friends to download, awsome news

Amazing news - time to set reminder to 3rd August on my diary!

Cant wait till that day, this is very exciting news.

Well done HB and 505 Games!!!!!!!!!

Now i hope the game will blow us away!!!!! That means a trailer must be on its way between now and release of demo?!?!

Wow was not expecting that! :D we'll be playing it 2 weeks today!So on ps3 it will just appear in the playstation store? And is it likely to be available right after midnight? If so looks like I'm gonna struggle to get up for work the next day!

yes yes yes yes yes yes hahahahhhhaahhahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!! man I just had the best orgasm
Now I need to act a sickie for work
Thanks Hb you just made my week
thats better new than tan sidhe's trailer

Can anyone tell me, if I do the download, how much bandwith will it cost, or be? Thanks, more or less.

Terrific news, looking forward to it very much! Also, England Vs South Africa? Who woulda thunk it, lol?

Sounds like I'll be starting my training of playing the game the very moment it's available! (The small hours of Thursday the 4th over here).

Can anyone tell me, if I do the download, how much bandwith will it cost, or be? Thanks, more or less.
I imagine the demo will between about 1 and 1.5gb - that's how big demos tend to be on XBL these days

Last edited:
Great News for you all............Not for me Im afraid, Leaving the country a couple of days before, Looks like im going to have to wait until Mid October to play.... Sad Face!!!!

I got Questions Hb : How long will the match go for? and will it cost points for Xbox live? thanks

Latest posts