• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011: THE FINAL!!! France vs. New Zealand

Hell ! Your Swiss cousin is contagious !
Scary !:eek:

As the black knight said : " None shall pass..." :D

Yeah but "gauche" in French means "left" doesn't it? a gauche = to the left, gaucher = left-handed

In English, "gauche" means clumsy, awkward or tactless

Yeah but "gauche" in French means "left" doesn't it? a gauche = to the left, gaucher = left-handed

Gauche has two meanings in french. The second one is... Awkward :p
But it's less usual for awkward.

Last edited:
two things starting to annoy me about the final

2. people saying France didn't deserve to be there, they had played brilliant rugby in every game except against Tonga & Wales, but they had some of the best back line moves in the whole tournament, even better than new zealands, they just didn't have an enforcer in the midfield who could bust tackles, but as far as the set moves go they were the best, their forwards were also just as good, it wouldn't always reflect on the scoreboard and they would fall off for a few minutes in each game except for the final

Yep agreed with that. There was Bastaraud but It was not welcome anymore in NZ:p...We missed commitment for our backline, lots of Rugby on the width in the final. For me, it was coming from what you said, Missing an enforcer as a center and as well, avoiding to play a too risky game where our backline would lose the ball with nobody behind to defend.

Last edited:
OK, this is the great Tale of the Fukawee tribe :
They are a tribe small guys living in the savannah. Good humters, they go every morning on the tracks trying to find a zbra, a springbok a bushpig or even a Joubert when there is nothing left to eat.
They walk all day long having no rest and never tired untill they find something to eat.
At the end of the day most of the time they get lost and then begin to jump on their 2 feet trying to look above the high grass and shouting " Where the F*** are we ???"
:p
Hilarious! I will told this fairy tale to my kids this evening before they sleep.
Si tu en d'autres?

Do you think Bastareaud will get back in the French squad with PSA in charge? He was on good form t the end of the season, and PSA brought him over to Toulon so he does rate him

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Have a look at the Robert&Collins : exactly the same meanings ! Amazing...

Do you think Bastareaud will get back in the French squad with PSA in charge? He was on good form t the end of the season, and PSA brought him over to Toulon so he does rate him

I think he will come back. He didn't come to NZ because of that bad storry in 2008/2009 (he was drunk and said he had been attacked by 3 guys in the street which was all BS).
The french staff knows the NZ press, they probably did not want to help it to bash and were probably afraid that the guy couldn't afford it.

Last edited:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Yes without doubt he will come back. Even more because he is doing a great beginning of Season for Toulon. Bastaraud had a bad time following his story in NZ, Not very good with the Stade Francais and not welcome anymore in the french team (with Lievremont). Toulon is a real new beginning for him. As well, somebody to follow for the french team is Yann David. Same as Bastaraud, he is a massive center, he plays for Toulouse. He has not been lucky as he broke his leg last year.

I'm looking forward for this new french team, we should have a massive back line with Trinh-duc, Mermoz, Bastaraud/David,Clerc,Medard....

WTFDTM = What the F**k Does That Mean

OK, I understand that now. Its a French word that you dropped into the middle of an English sentence. I should have realised; my Swiss cousin does that all the time.

The opposite of "elegant" in English is "inelegant" but it is not often used. More common are "awkward", "graceless" or "gauche"
Yes you are right. I do the same mistake as your swiss cousin. "élégant" means at first handsome for instance "Cette femme est élégante" like Madame Carla Bruni if you agreer. "désobligeant" means unfriendly with touch of snobiness . It's used by well educated and academic pepole ( who i'm not"). " Gauche" have two meaning: left and awkward , unhabile? tactless, a little stupid in the relation, for instance " Cet homme est gauche avec les femmes" it's means: this man does'nt know how to do with the women (Sometime like me...most of the times";)in fact)

Ces 2 vidéo sont déjà postées depuis longtemps sur ce thread. Et oui, nous sommes tous absolument SÛRS qu'il est au dessus de la barre...

They are obviously infringing at the breakdown, I don't know why you even respond as you have won? McCaw is brilliant as to how he gets away with it but ofcourse he cheats he's a 7.
Well that's he most substantial response I have had - McCaw is a cheat.

Fail.

Last edited:
The most substantial response I have had - McCaw is a cheat. Wow - I give up, your wit and superior brain power has overwhelmed me.

Fail.
You're just digging yourself a deeper hole. Of course McCaw bloody cheats, ask him he'll bloody tell you! All 7s doing their jobs properly cheat, it's part of the positions work.
He's just the best in the world at getting away with it

"LOL FAIL WTF BBQ LOL EPIC FAIL FAIL LOL FAIL"

I can't believe this debate still rages on. If the refereeing would had been perfect (practically impossible in a match with that pace) what could have happened? Both teams had the same opportunities, mistakes and cheats. I'm disgusted to see the crap I see in football with cynical scrutiny of the refereeing and projection of what might have happened if blablabla. It was a low scoring game because both teams played flawless rugby.

You're just digging yourself a deeper hole. Of course McCaw bloody cheats, ask him he'll bloody tell you! All 7s doing their jobs properly cheat, it's part of the positions work.
He's just the best in the world at getting away with it

"LOL FAIL WTF BBQ LOL EPIC FAIL FAIL LOL FAIL"
Every rugby player is a cheat then so why use the word? You even have the gall to say "All 7s doing their jobs properly cheat" which of course makes the word "cheat" competely useless yet you throw it around with all it's negative conotations which is entirely the point right? You want the negative conotations to fall on McCaw's head yet you fall back on the "meaningless" usage when pushed so you have nothing to defend.

Pussy (noun).

Latest posts