• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 ticket price

E

erwanseb

Ticket price

As usual, most pool games (bar a few as NZvsFrance) are being run at a loss , most of the money is made from QF to final and "normal" rugby fans will be priced out, as expected.

They'll always tell fans that games are run at a lost when they're really not. Prices come over the news a few nights ago saying they range from Nz$50 for children to Nz$800 for adults which isn't too bad. So if you averaged it out to say $400 per person and there were 30,000 at a game that's $12mil but than there's things like food sales, merchandising etc. That'll be for finals only of course but I'd never beleive anything they say about running at a lost because it just doesn't happen or else they would of never considered to have it go through what so ever.

Far out I don't think I'm going to be able to afford to go to any matches after having to pay inflated rates for accommodation. Those ticket prices are a significant increase in what was charged in 2003. Might make a couple of pool games against minnow nations and spend the rest at the pub. Anyone at TRF want to put a few of us up?

Latest posts