RWC 2011 ticket price

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by erwanseb, Sep 10, 2009.

1. erwanseb

erwanseb Guest

Ticket price

As usual, most pool games (bar a few as NZvsFrance) are being run at a loss , most of the money is made from QF to final and "normal" rugby fans will be priced out, as expected.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

They'll always tell fans that games are run at a lost when they're really not. Prices come over the news a few nights ago saying they range from Nz$50 for children to Nz$800 for adults which isn't too bad. So if you averaged it out to say $400 per person and there were 30,000 at a game that's $12mil but than there's things like food sales, merchandising etc. That'll be for finals only of course but I'd never beleive anything they say about running at a lost because it just doesn't happen or else they would of never considered to have it go through what so ever.

4. Wally

Wally Guest

Far out I don't think I'm going to be able to afford to go to any matches after having to pay inflated rates for accommodation. Those ticket prices are a significant increase in what was charged in 2003. Might make a couple of pool games against minnow nations and spend the rest at the pub. Anyone at TRF want to put a few of us up?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!