• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2031

Rugby PickEm

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
United States
Am I crazy or is Bill "Boomer" Beaumont (sorry, "Sir" Bill "Boomer" Beaumont) going to award England their 3rd RWC when there have only been 9 played to date?

I know the bids haven't come in yet, but I get this feeling that the European powers that be (mostly England & France aka the unions with a bit of coin) just want to ring fence the global game in their favor.

When Gus Pichot ran on a platform of democratizing the game. If Australia gets the 2027 bid, and England gets the 2031, they will essentially be shutting down any efforts to grow the game globally.

I fell into an internet wormhole the other night and wrote this blog about USA's chances of securing either 2027 or 2031.

Long story short, if the past is any indication ... it's that Europe wants to secure these big $$$ tournaments at all costs. Even if that means stamping out global growth within T2 countries.

Plus nobody ACTUALLY wants to head to England for ANOTHER final in Twickenham right?

I get that they have a great rugby history, but it's about building the future, not toasting the past.

Plus the weather stinks and the beer/food is too expensive.

USA for #RWC2031 (all you expats know you'd have a great ******* time).

dumb dummy GIF

Australia's RWC 2027 opposition will therefore not come from the Southern Hemisphere. At present Australia 2027 is up against a bid from Russia. Russia competed at RWCs 2011 and 2019, facing Japan in the opening match of last year's tournament. It has been declared that Russia intends to use the stadiums from the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

World Rugby CEO Brett Gosper is hopeful that the USA will bid to host either RWC 2027 or 2031. USA Rugby is yet to declare its position over the possibility of either

Sounds great! I'd love to see RWC 2027 in Russia and 2031 in the USA.

And RWC 2023 in France - that sounds great, I might be able to go there,hmm :rolleyes:

2031 seems so far away. I hope I'm still alive to enjoy it.

old man dance GIF

Sounds great! I'd love to see RWC 2027 in Russia and 2031 in the USA.

And RWC 2023 in France - that sounds great, I might be able to go there,hmm :rolleyes:
Told my wife ill take to france for her 30th in 2023...under 1 condition ;)

Am I crazy or is Bill "Boomer" Beaumont (sorry, "Sir" Bill "Boomer" Beaumont) going to award England their 3rd RWC when there have only been 9 played to date?

I know the bids haven't come in yet, but I get this feeling that the European powers that be (mostly England & France aka the unions with a bit of coin) just want to ring fence the global game in their favor.

When Gus Pichot ran on a platform of democratizing the game. If Australia gets the 2027 bid, and England gets the 2031, they will essentially be shutting down any efforts to grow the game globally.

I fell into an internet wormhole the other night and wrote this blog about USA's chances of securing either 2027 or 2031.

Long story short, if the past is any indication ... it's that Europe wants to secure these big $$$ tournaments at all costs. Even if that means stamping out global growth within T2 countries.

Plus nobody ACTUALLY wants to head to England for ANOTHER final in Twickenham right?

I get that they have a great rugby history, but it's about building the future, not toasting the past.

Plus the weather stinks and the beer/food is too expensive.

USA for #RWC2031 (all you expats know you'd have a great ******* time).
You know Bill doesn't choose who hosts the WC, right?

I'm all for hosting the Wprld cup in countries it hasn't been before, but rugby isn't a particularly rich sport (especially with the coronavirus situation). The game is in large part bankrolled by the world cup which means that some of them have to go to countries that are guaranteed to make money for the game. Financially motivated decisions are an unfortunate necessity. Japan was a success but it was also a risk and there's a reason it was sandwiched between England and France.

I would like to see a world cup in Argentina.

If she lets you visit Disneyland? :p

But seriously, France is the best choice for RWC 2023. And I'd vote for next RWCs somewhere outside of Europe..
At 28 with no kid...Disney land sounds amazing! Not the condition i had in mind though haha

Latest posts