• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC attendance

D

DonBilly

The original target for the RWC 2007 organization committee was to fill 85% of the stadia. At the moment they have already passed the 92% ratio. This committee thinks that the almost 100% of the seats of the tests which will take place in France will be sold. The issue is more Scotland and Wales where the sells are far from being good.

The original target for the RWC 2007 organization committee was to fill 85% of the stadia. At the moment they have already passed the 92% ratio. This committee thinks that the almost 100% of the seats of the tests which will take place in France will be sold. The issue is more Scotland and Wales where the sells are far from being good.
[/b]

Issue? Really?
WHen Wales play i guarantee there won't be many seats left in the house.
For any other nation that plays in cardiff?
f*** 'em.
They're not Welsh, and this isn't our World Cup to host.

Thats pretty a pretty poor attitude. If its not your RWC to host, then why do you have matches?

Give it back to the French if you don't want it.

What games would be held in Scotland and Wales?

To be honest though, the French didn't have to give it to Edinburgh and Cardiff.

They do have more than enough stadia in France to hold the games. The only reason why they are holding the games in Cardiff and Edinburgh is to ensure the support of the WRU and the SRU in voting for France to hold the 2007 WRC.

Most Rugby World Cup destinations are decided by seedy insider dealing between unions. Hence why New Zealand stole the 2011 RWC from Japan.

But NZ didn't offer matches to be played outside of NZ in 2011.

Maybe other nations felt sorry for us and decided we'd have more chance to win a RWC at home, so let us have one? :p

But NZ didn't offer matches to be played outside of NZ in 2011.

Maybe other nations felt sorry for us and decided we'd have more chance to win a RWC at home, so let us have one? :p
[/b]

Nah, you've got more than enough potential to win it on top of Mount Everest, let alone at home.

Its just the process that happens with every RWC. New Zealand got it because they offered to tour specific home unions and let them tour them in return.

In that regard, Japan could not compete, which sucks because Japan has by far the better facilities as well as an audience who would get enthusiastic about tiddlywinks if it was promoted hard enough. Seriously, before dive-ball they were just obsessed about baseball, but after one world cup and the sport has blossomed there! Imagine what a rugby world cup would do?!

Seriously, I WILL just quit watching rugby in protest if the old farts opt for South Africa over Japan for the 2015 RWC.

Take a risk for once in your stupid lives rugby!

I thought they'd at least give each hemisphere a turn at hosting the RWC

87 South
91 North
95 South
99 North
03 South
07 North
11 South

Hopefully they'll continue with the pattern..

Well the problem is that nations like Japan buck the trend of North - South because they don't really belong in either! Japan were the first nation to seriously contest a RWC outside of the allotted "North then South" model, thats why New Zealand were so worried.

I mean, if Japan were in the Northern Hemisphere (rugby wise, not geographically) then they'd be in the Six Nations by now.

The problem is that the Rugby World is changing and that the established model of "North vs South" is getting gradually more and more outdated.

i hope argentina bid for 2015 rwc. it will really boost rugby in south america if it is hosted there. i would prefer argentina hosting the rwc instead of japan. the sport is already popular in argentina. but there are hardly any test matches being played there. argentina really needs some rugby action, and rugby world cup is the answer.

Japan tends to be placed along with the Pacific Island nations. Pacific Rim tournament etc.. Mainly cos of their skill level though, and its a tight competition between those teams..
Even the NZ'ers are helping out by sending the Junior All Blacks to their competitions. Although the Junior All Blacks are too strong for them.

Should take the RWC to Japan and maybe to USA. But will we draw the crowds in the USA?

Argentina and Japan are both non-North/South Nations (for now) and sending the world cup their way would be great.

Now that I think about it, I would be fine with Argentina getting it. It is just boring if the same top ten Rugby nations get the RWC every time. We are trying to expand Rugby's horizons while at the same time crippling those same efforts by refusing to place any major tournaments outside of the established nations!

But are the Argentinians up for hosting a RWC?

Last I heard their RFU were in tatters and were going bankrupt.

You heard well. Their RFU is still rigidly stuck in the amateur era. Like the RFU, only in 1890 rather than 1990!

i am sure if they gave the argentinies the world cup it would help their revenue, they would gain millions of dollars and maybe an even biger slicke of the audiences, giving a bigger pool of players to chose from.

maybe even spawning into a decent provincial competion keeping their players in their country instead of going to europe. (not that i know anything at all about their competition)

but that can be said for japan as well. i dont think holding it in canada or usa would be a good choice at the moment as i dont feel that they have the following over there like they do in japan and argentina.