• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Semi Final: France - Wales (15-08-2011, 21:00)

Maybe also because when it's against a French team many of you find that normal.
The public seemed to find the eviction completely normal and was delighted a lot.

Maybe also because when it's against a French team many of you find that normal.
The public seemed to find the eviction completely normal and was delighted a lot.

Well I knew nothing of it and have never heard it mentioned before.

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?20895-London-Wasps-v-Toulouse

Not a lot of reactions though...

Lets admit at least that Rolland was not biased because his father is french or whatever other crappy reasons.

Look at my join date, I was not a member of the forum at the time. And besides, I didn't watch the match anyway. Therefore I didn't know about it.

Rolland didn't have his worst game as ref, it wasn't half bad. I don't think he should have refed the game as he could have been biased, but he probably wasn't biased.

Look at my join date, I was not a member of the forum at the time. And besides, I didn't watch the match anyway. Therefore I didn't know about it.

Rolland didn't have his worst game as ref, it wasn't half bad. I don't think he should have refed the game as he could have been biased, but he probably wasn't biased.

That was not my point to tell that you should have seen this topic. No problem at all and Myself I do not know half of the bad spear tackles that have hapenned with other teams. I think it was fair what you said about the fact you were not aware about this story. It is not blamable.

But this red card to a French guy proves : 1) rolland is not biased in my opinion 2) Rolland is consistent

Saying that, I still think that it was a world cup semi final and it changed the game. From my perspective, I think Rolland should have think twice before giving this red card. For example, he could have wait to see if Clerc was really injured...

Warburton was stupid enough to condamn his team to lose with the stupidest tackle ever made in a world cup semifinal. That open letter is spot on. The welsh should stop wallowing in the oh so comfortable position of the victims and start growing a pair, brains and the rest.

It's your captain and your place kickers you should be blaming. Rolland was still biased enough (against the French) to try and giftwrap you the game with that completely undeserved Halfpenny penaly. You even missed THAT.

Good luck for the 3rd and 4th match.

Last edited:
Lads just to clear up something quick.
His father is french but Rolland works as a full time morthage broker and it was with this profession he mastered the French language that he had a grasp of but I think it's wrong to presume a man who lived in Ireland his whole life was biased toward the French.

2 or 3 years ago, the Anglo-Saxon journalist Steven Jones had written an article in the newspaper The Times. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/rugby_union/article5318381.ece
Extract :

" If I were a French rugby club I would seriously consider whether it is worth contesting the rest of the Heineken Cup. The odds are so stacked against them that the concept of fair play has been lost.
French rugby is always stuffed by refereeing. It is one of the first laws of the sport. Sad, but true.
If refereeing bosses cannot find referees to speak the languages of both teams involved, well they should demand that every referee officiates in total silence."

If i write this isn't it to snivel. It's just that i find normal that Welsh is disappointed by the progress of half-final. But i find inequitable to say that French are to favor by the refereeing in the rugby.
We lost inequitably one half-final against South Africa in the World Cup 1987. It isn't for that that we criticized the citizens of this country and makes a press campaign against the referee of the match and the South African team.

The anti-French criticisms that we can read in certain newspapers Anglo-Saxon are racist to us.

It's only sport.

Sorry, i don't write English well.

Lads just to clear up something quick.
His father is french but Rolland works as a full time morthage broker and it was with this profession he mastered the French language that he had a grasp of but I think it's wrong to presume a man who lived in Ireland his whole life was biased toward the French.

Very true. I think people have calmed down a bit though and most have accepted that Rolland was justified in his decision. I dunno who got the job reffing the final but I still think he's deserving of it

2 or 3 years ago, the Anglo-Saxon journalist Steven Jones had written an article in the newspaper The Times. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/rugby_union/article5318381.ece
Extract :

" If I were a French rugby club I would seriously consider whether it is worth contesting the rest of the Heineken Cup. The odds are so stacked against them that the concept of fair play has been lost.
French rugby is always stuffed by refereeing. It is one of the first laws of the sport. Sad, but true.
If refereeing bosses cannot find referees to speak the languages of both teams involved, well they should demand that every referee officiates in total silence."

If i write this isn't it to snivel. It's just that i find normal that Welsh is disappointed by the progress of half-final. But i find inequitable to say that French are to favor by the refereeing in the rugby.
We lost inequitably one half-final against South Africa in the World Cup 1987. It isn't for that that we criticized the citizens of this country and makes a press campaign against the referee of the match and the South African team.

The anti-French criticisms that we can read in certain newspapers Anglo-Saxon are racist to us.

It's only sport.

Sorry, i don't write English well.

That's because you're just a cheese eating surrender white flag waving monkey cheat ;)

Just kidding, most people like the French abroad, moreso than the English i think. And when a guy from another country doesn't like you, try his wife, she usually does (very much).

It's only sport.

:'(... It's sport just like u said, you are always going to get **** thrown at you by the media and fans. Just look at England for an example, we got called all kind of **** by the Aussie's back in '03, just prove them wrong.

As for refs not speaking your language, seeing it's an INTERNATIONAL sport, the language used should be international which is English.

Predictions were thrown out the window by that idiot Rollands....What a fool of a man, he's ruined the world cup...the best team in the tournament are out thanks to him because Wales would have won comfortably against France with 15 players and I genuinley believe they would have gone on to win the final. As it stands now the tournament is over, France have no hope in the final. Rolland was WRONG...When you listen to the comments of top former world cup winners like Pinear, Dallaglio and Fitzpatric etc. strongly criticising him then he needs to have a good look at his performance. He must have realised his error at half time because in the last couple of minutes he awarded Wales a penalty when it was blatantly a penalty for France....unfortunately Halfpenny failed by inches to grab the 3 points. Rolland should be suspended from test rugby indefinitely.

Nope the best team in the tournament happen to be the number one ranked side in the world, the last time I looked at the IRB ranking that was the All Blacks. I also tend to think the best team in the world did not come second in there group, so if you forget that South Africa beat you, forget that France beat you, and forget the All Blacks are unbeaten then yes you are the best team in the world. I tend to think the best team in the world does not kick 1 from 7.

Robert Jones ex-wales captain right decision, Matt Dawson world cup winner, right decision, Gareth Edwards welsh legend, when you look at the law right decision.

Go and read the laws Rolland made the right decision, Warburton was suspended and if he and his legal team thought they could over turn it they would have given it a go. They did not so that must tell you something.

Alan Rolland and bias.

He should never ever referee an Heinken Cup game again or international games involving Wales, England, France, Scotland, Ireland.

1) He played for Ireland and Leinster, this rules him out of the Irish games as he could be biased.
2) He played for Moseley RUFC, this rules him out of English games as he could be biased.
3) He has a french father, this rules him out of the French games as he could be biased.
4) He was born and lives in Ireland, a country that has celtic ties with Wales and Scotland and he could be biased.
5) He speaks french and he could be biased.
6) He speaks english and he could be biased.

Maybe it is best that he gives up as he is just biased towards every team apart from Italy or he should go and live in the SH.

Okay, he speaks English and French... According to your way of thinking, he is from now on, only allowed to ref matches between Argentina and Italy...

What an open mind! By the way I like the english language , I like Shakespeare, I like the Rolling Stone and the Monty python, I dislike beans and sausage at the breakfast, I dislike the hat of your honorable Queen (long live to her!) and I was ever estonished when an Englishman are able to speak another language as english , they are some... not many but some, who try with a charming accent like this gentleman as Mr Wilkinson.
By the way 40% of the english vocabulary come from french.
Rule Britannia: our old favourite enemy!!et vive la France your favourite enemy;)
Have nice day foolish english you make me laugh!

Are you serious when you argue like this or it's a joke?
Frankly, that mean he's intelligent and educated what wrong with that?
Strange.

What an open mind! By the way I like the english language , I like Shakespeare, I like the Rolling Stone and the Monty python, I dislike beans and sausage at the breakfast, I dislike the hat of your honorable Queen (long live to her!) and I was ever estonished when an Englishman are able to speak another language as english , they are some... not many but some, who try with a charming accent like this gentleman as Mr Wilkinson.
By the way 40% of the english vocabulary come from french.
Rule Britannia: our old favourite enemy!!et vive la France your favourite enemy;)
Have nice day foolish english you make me laugh!

Burn him at the stake! ;)

Burn him at the stake! ;)

Like Jeanne d'Arc do you mean? First we have to find day a rain in England; and worst he's able to claim about the red card and how the french was so bad and blabla among the flammes too much work for me!:D

Alan Rolland and bias.

He should never ever referee an Heinken Cup game again or international games involving Wales, England, France, Scotland, Ireland.

1) He played for Ireland and Leinster, this rules him out of the Irish games as he could be biased.
2) He played for Moseley RUFC, this rules him out of English games as he could be biased.
3) He has a french father, this rules him out of the French games as he could be biased.
4) He was born and lives in Ireland, a country that has celtic ties with Wales and Scotland and he could be biased.
5) He speaks french and he could be biased.
6) He speaks english and he could be biased.

Maybe it is best that he gives up as he is just biased towards every team apart from Italy or he should go and live in the SH.

I really hope this is a joke!!

If this is what you think of referees then you really have no clue.

Latest posts