• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Semi Final: France - Wales (15-08-2011, 21:00)

Please don't burn me at the stake or at least read the my post above the bias one.

It was a responce into the daft posts on here saying that Mr Rolland is biased because he has a French dad and speaks the language.

As I have said on a number of posts prior to that, you could find a hundred and one reasons why a ref should not be doing a game. I was proving a point with Rolland.

However someone did mention he is a mortgage broker, I did hear he is biased towards people who own there own homes and hates people who rent
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
Alan Rolland and bias.

He should never ever referee an Heinken Cup game again or international games involving Wales, England, France, Scotland, Ireland.

1) He played for Ireland and Leinster, this rules him out of the Irish games as he could be biased.
2) He played for Moseley RUFC, this rules him out of English games as he could be biased.
3) He has a french father, this rules him out of the French games as he could be biased.
4) He was born and lives in Ireland, a country that has celtic ties with Wales and Scotland and he could be biased.
5) He speaks french and he could be biased.
6) He speaks english and he could be biased.

Maybe it is best that he gives up as he is just biased towards every team apart from Italy or he should go and live in the SH.

I see him eating pizza and antipasti with a glas of chianti! mmmh Idon't trust him:eek:

I see him eating pizza and antipasti with a glas of chianti! mmmh Idon't trust him:eek:

I love ref's I met a nice one once who decided to give me a yellow card for calling him mate and discussing the finer points of how can I roll away with a fat prop on me
tongue.gif

I love ref's I met a nice one once who decided to give me a yellow card for calling him mate and discussing the finer points of how can I roll away with a fat prop on me
tongue.gif
Good sesn of humour your rf's. Was he from Switerland?

No but he was eating pizza and antipasti with a glas of chianti! I did not trust him :D

No but he was eating pizza and antipasti with a glas of chianti! I did not trust him :D
With all this foreigner people around us we have to be careful!! When you think they are billion of foreigner around the world!!better to stay at home thinking about the red card. RED CARD RED CARD Helppp!!

They can blame the ref because with Warburton on the field things would have definitely played out differently.
Or they can blame Warburton. Better for Wales rugby if they did. Maybe Warburton could understand the laws like McCaw. Then Wales would have a serious leader of an excellent squad.

And French supporters need to get their heads out of their asses ... because there's a big chuffing train coming down the track at them this weekend.

On to the final!

Or they can blame Warburton. Better for Wales rugby if they did. Maybe Warburton could understand the laws like McCaw. Then Wales would have a serious leader of an excellent squad.

And French supporters need to get their heads out of their asses ... because there's a big chuffing train coming down the track at them this weekend.

On to the final!
Were are very cool and confident nothing to loose just to play and have fun on the Enden Park Field. The Pumas show us the way how to play with this body building player team.
By the way a French Caritativ Humanity Association will send handkerchief for depressiv english and welch supporters . Do you know an adress in Wales or in England where they could receive it?;) Kleenex is it Okay?
Have nice day when you see us playing in final!!

tongue.gif

That's nothing. I once got a red card for performing a dump tackle (without the Warburton invert and drop).

The problem being I was playing soccer at the time...

[PET RANT=on]"Loose" means unbound, untied, unrestricted. It means the opposite of bound or tight. Derivatives include "loosen", "looser" (more loose, more free), "loosed" (set free), "loosing" (the process of setting something free).

"Lose" means to come to be without, or to be defeated. It is the opposite of "win". Derivatives include "loser" (someone who has lost, opposite of "winner"), "losing" (opposite of "winning").

Whenever I see someone use the word "loosing" (a word most people have probably never ever used in real life) when they should be using "losing", or "looser" instead of "loser", it distracts from the text and gives the impression that the author is uneducated, ignorant, and lacks credibility.

Just saying.[/PET RANT]

[PET RANT=on]"Loose" means unbound, untied, unrestricted. It means the opposite of bound or tight. Derivatives include "loosen", "looser" (more loose, more free), "loosed" (set free), "loosing" (the process of setting something free).

"Lose" means to come to be without, or to be defeated. It is the opposite of "win". Derivatives include "loser" (someone who has lost, opposite of "winner"), "losing" (opposite of "winning").

Whenever I see someone use the word "loosing" (a word most people have probably never ever used in real life) when they should be using "losing", or "looser" instead of "loser", it distracts from the text and gives the impression that the author is uneducated, ignorant, and lacks credibility.

Just saying.[/PET RANT]

Yeh, yeh. Everyone struggles with certain words, and I know this is one I often struggle with and put down wrong. But seriously, when people moan about such silly little things, it's just a little annoying! Most people here put effort into writing posts that are clear and understandable, with decent (if not correct) use of punctuation and generally don't use 'txt speak' etc.

Surely you can see that it's alot more annoying to have someone point out small spelling mistakes, than to actually make the small spelling mistakes. It just makes you come across as a bit of a know it all that has nothing better to do than pick someone up for adding in an extra o, despite it being perfectly obvious what was meant. I an not uneducated (doing a masters at present), ignorant and my credibility seems ok around this forum, unlike yours I must add. My spelling's not the best, but that doesn't make me any of those things, just that languages is not my strong point. What's the harm? Luckily I'm not dyslexic, otherwise it could have been increadibly ignorant of you to point out someones disability.....

Last edited:
Oh I'm a language pedant and I know it.

It wasn't directed at you specifically - I see it all the time. I am an employer and if I see stuff like this in a CV then there is almost no chance that person gets an interview. It tends to be a very good indicator that someone either has an inadequate enducation or just lacks attention to detail - neither trait is something I want in an employee.

I also have two kids, 12 and 8 years old, and they get an ear full if I see them getting "their", "there", "they're" wrong, or "to", "too", "two", or if they misuse apostrophes. I'm not going to go into a rant about the importance of using language correctly but these kinds of simple mistakes really do create a poor impression in a reader's mind.

And in my defence, I did use the [PET RANT] tag!

Anyway, sorry for being annoying :-(

Just saying.[/PET RANT]
Thank you for the english lesson , i need it to improve it. Bye

Oh I'm a language pedant and I know it.

It wasn't directed at you specifically - I see it all the time. I am an employer and if I see stuff like this in a CV then there is almost no chance that person gets an interview. It tends to be a very good indicator that someone either has an inadequate enducation or just lacks attention to detail - neither trait is something I want in an employee.

I also have two kids, 12 and 8 years old, and they get an ear full if I see them getting "their", "there", "they're" wrong, or "to", "too", "two", or if they misuse apostrophes. I'm not going to go into a rant about the importance of using language correctly but these kinds of simple mistakes really do create a poor impression in a reader's mind.

And in my defence, I did use the [PET RANT] tag!

Anyway, sorry for being annoying :-(
May be you will learn French or German. I say to foreigner people speak and write even with fault it's better than to do nothing. Step by step you lern. It's like on rugby play as well you can and one days something could happen like beaten th AB in Aukland. If you don't try you lost the games and forgott the little english that you have learn in scool. Co ahead with optimistic and happy way of thinking. That's positive no?

That's nothing. I once got a red card for performing a dump tackle (without the Warburton invert and drop).

The problem being I was playing soccer at the time...

Boris. You know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts