• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: South Africa - Wales (11-09-2011, 20:30)

I'm still angry about the kick that should have been awarded to Hook, so clearly over. Why they didn't go to the TMO I don't know!?

LOL, trying to get a few extra miles out of this thread? Sure, why not.

Add the 3 for the penalty. It makes sense IMO since grounding the ball on the line means try scored I guess it makes sense that a ball going directly over the poles should be considered inside or is it more like a foot on the line means you're in touch in which case the ball would be out..? Anyway, while you're at it don't forget to subtract 7 for Faletau's illegal try.

Last edited:
LOL, trying to get a few extra miles out of this thread? Sure, why not.

Add the 3 for the penalty. It makes sense IMO since grounding the ball on the line means try scored I guess it makes sense that a ball going directly over the poles should be considered inside or is it more like a foot on the line means you're in touch in which case the ball would be out..? Anyway, while you're at it don't forget to subtract 7 for Faletau's illegal try.

Pass was flat ... move on.

People seemed to have moved on, harder for some ... kick may or may not have been over. In reality we will never know.

Last edited:
Meh, Hougaard's try could be considered blocking by Barnes, so this can go either way.
Game's over, result is recorded, might as well move on to the next game.

Pass was flat ... move on.

People seemed to have moved on, harder for some ... kick may or may not have been over. In reality we will never know.

That pass was as flat as that kick was over the post. 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the other.

Let's lock the topic and all move on.

You can't say we would have won. If awarded, it would have been a re-start, not a drop out 22, nothing in the match would have been the same. We could have won or got smashed by 30, we'll never know. What happened happened.

Well, I guess it's clear most Welsh fans will keep on calling this game one they SHOULD have won some even saying they DID and were the better team, just like the game before it, and the one before that, and the B&I Lions series and the game before that..

A much better line of thought would be; how can we make sure we win next time. Or, what are other winning teams doing that we are not?

As a South African supporter, we were very lucky to win this one. Welsh s supporters must know one thing, and that is that I believe you stand a EXTREMELY good chanse this year of actually winning the world cup if you keep on playing the way you did on Sunday. All you need is the ability to finish off your oponents and not to be scared of the Kiwi's and Wannabies.

Well done chaps. See you again in the final.

Well, I guess it's clear most Welsh fans will keep on calling this game one they SHOULD have won some even saying they DID and were the better team, just like the game before it, and the one before that, and the B&I Lions series and the game before that..

A much better line of thought would be; how can we make sure we win next time. Or, what are other winning teams doing that we are not?

Sums it up for me, we seem to be playing well in these games but still letting through soft scores then not quite finishing off important chances. If Roberts hadn't have knocked the ball on close to the line, in all likelihood we'd have scored a try, and imo gone on to win the match. We didn't and a 6 point lead is never that secure and SA clawed their way back into the lead.
The 'kick that never was' situation is very frustrating as Barnes should have gone to the TMO to check at least, but he didnt and there's not much we can do about it. And anyway, would have put us 10 - 9 behind I think, so wasn't much else we could do but play on. Of course would have been a lot worse if that had happened on a possibly match winning penalty later in the match.

You can't say we would have won. If awarded, it would have been a re-start, not a drop out 22, nothing in the match would have been the same. We could have won or got smashed by 30, we'll never know. What happened happened.

Totally agree with you and well said. Had the Welsh captain been penalised for coming in from the side Wales would not have had the opportunity to score. South Africa could have scored, so all the what if's can go out the window...... in 10 years time the records book will only remember that SA won.

Latest posts