Club or Nation
Sale
England.png
VS
Wales.png

11/08/2019, 14:00
Twickenham Stadium
Referee: Mathieu Raynal (France)​

The English and the Welsh never have a bad word to say against the referee, I don't know what you're on about

The English and the Welsh never have a bad word to say against the referee, I don't know what you're on about
I thought I recalled a lot of chatter about the French refs in particular during the last Six Nations... Maybe it was just from podcasts I caught rather than actual common opinion... Obviously, I'm too inexperienced as a viewer to be able to say, "Oh, that was a very French call," or what have you. The only thing I ever notice with refs at all are Nigel's little scoldings, which I have come to enjoy quite a bit. :)

LHP: Joe Marler, Mako Vunipola, Ellis Genge
HK: Jamie George, Luke Cowan-Dickie, Jack Singleton
THP: Kyle Sinckler, Harry Williams, Dan Cole
LK: Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Courtney Lawes, Joe Launchbury, Charlie Ewels
FL: Tom Curry, Sam Underhill, Mark Wilson, Lewis Ludlam, (Shields)
#8: Billy Vunipola

SH: Ben Youngs, Willi Heinz, (Spencer)
FH: Owen Farrell, George Ford
CE: Jonathan Joseph, Henry Slade, Manu Tuilagi, Piers Francis, Joe Marchant, (Te'o)
WG: Jonny May, Joe Cokanasiga, Ruaridh McConnochie, (Jack Nowell)
FB: Elliot Daly, Anthony Watson, (Brown)

I think there's a few to be culled from there.
Ewels won't go barring injury.
Ludlam is unlikely to be nailed on just yet, but obviously favourite in his battle with Dombrandt
Surely, even Eddie will want 3 SHs - it's just too much of a handicap if one of them simply pulls a hamstring
Even with Te'o left out of this squad, I can't see Francis or Marchant going barring injury.
Ruaridh versus Jack for the final back3 slot?

That was a joke, the English and Welsh will complain about referees until the cows come home.

That was a joke, the English and Welsh will complain about referees until the cows come home.
That was my guess, since complaining about referees in general certainly transcends borders, creeds, and colors...

Is Eddie Jones bringing Marler to Japan, or is he just using him for these warm-ups? Gotta admit, I'm a fan of the guy.

So youngs plays 86 min and Heinz gets 4 min from the bench where he impresses and gets dropped? Seriously though what have spencer and dombrandt done to get dropped over Heinz and ludlam.

I think some of these eg heinze are going to get a run out before being dropped from 31 one man squad and will be non travelling reserves

Faletau getting injured last week has really taken away my excitement for these warm up games... I'm just bricking it that Moriarty or Navidi get crocked!

So youngs plays 86 min and Heinz gets 4 min from the bench where he impresses and gets dropped? Seriously though what have spencer and dombrandt done to get dropped over Heinz and ludlam.
Football matches would be an interesting way of warming up for the World Cup, but not something I'd put past EJ.

Faletau getting injured last week has really taken away my excitement for these warm up games... I'm just bricking it that Moriarty or Navidi get crocked!

Isn't Navidi injured already? I thought I read that he has an elbow injury or something that means he's likely to miss a warm up game or two?

Isn't Navidi injured already? I thought I read that he has an elbow injury or something that means he's likely to miss a warm up game or two?

He's returning from a dislocated elbow and has picked up a hamstring pull but will figure at some point in these warm up games I'd imagine.

Will be watching the game from Tallinn. Hopefully there is English commentary.

Football matches would be an interesting way of warming up for the World Cup, but not something I'd put past EJ.
Can always call on Eddie's old mate John Terry, he understandably did such a good job on the pep talk before the Wales vs England game earlier this year. Inspirational!

Can't believe there's all these 'warm ups' with the RWC weeks away! I wonder how many will be lost from squads because of injuries sustained?

Last edited:
Apparently Roy kea
Can always call on Eddie's old mate John Terry, he understandably did such a good job on the pep talk before the Wales vs England game earlier this year. Inspirational![/QUOT
Apparently Roy Kean has been in this week not gone down well in Ireland

Latest posts