Club or Nation
South Africa
daFCYgK.png

Hc45KkY.png
j7lEIMe.png
I2IwG7n.png

Venue: Allianz Riviera
Time: 21:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

This is another pretty full strength side from Scotland. I think 1st aim is avoid injuries.

This looks like a tough match, unless ... well, I don't even have to say it. :p

It's tragic that I can't watch this here in the US. Scotland is the team I root for, and their games are just never covered by the streaming services available here. I know FloRugby is available now, but they can go suck an egg with those prices. In fact, there a rumour that they might become the carrier for Major League Rugby, which, to me, would spell certain death for the league. If you're trying to grow your game and gather new fans, don't charge them 3 or 4 times as much!

In any event, I'm rooting for a Scotland win, but I'll take an injury-free loss over a win with someone going down... Let's say:

SCO 26 FRA 19

It would be pretty amazing if Duncan Taylor makes the final Scotland World Cup squad. He's a very good player, but he's been almost permanently injured for what feels like a very long time.

Good luck to him.

It's tragic that I can't watch this here in the US. Scotland is the team I root for, and their games are just never covered by the streaming services available here. I know FloRugby is available now, but they can go suck an egg with those prices. In fact, there a rumour that they might become the carrier for Major League Rugby, which, to me, would spell certain death for the league. If you're trying to grow your game and gather new fans, don't charge them 3 or 4 times as much!

In any event, I'm rooting for a Scotland win, but I'll take an injury-free loss over a win with someone going down... Let's say:

SCO 26 FRA 19

With a name like Dave Davies you really should be supporting Wales ...

Teams are as follows:

France Team

Forwards
1 Jefferson Poirot (Captain)
2 Camille Chat
3 Rabah Slimani
4 Paul Gabrillagues
5 Sébastien Vahaamahina
6 François Cros
7 Charles Ollivon
8 Grégory Alldritt

Backs
9 Antoine Dupont
10 Camille Lopez
11 Alivereti Raka
12 Wesley Fofana
13 Gaël Fickou
14 Damian Penaud
15 Maxime Médard

Replacements
16 Peato Mauvaka
17 Dany Priso
18 Emerick Steniao
19 Félix Lambey
20 Louis Picamoles
21 Baptiste Serin
22 Romain Ntamack
23 Thomas Ramos

Scotland Team

Forwards
1 Jamie Bhatti
2 Stuart McInally (Captain)
3 Simon Berghan
4 Ben Toolis
5 Grant Gilchrist
6 John Barclay
7 Jamie Ritchie
8 Josh Strauss

Backs
9 Ali Price
10 Adam Hastings
11 Byron McGuigan
12 Duncan Taylor
13 Huw Jones
14 Darcy Graham
15 Stuart Hogg

Replacements
16 George Turner
17 Gordon Reid
18 Zander Fagerson
19 Scott Cummings
20 Matt Fagerson
21 George Horne
22 Rory Hutchinson
23 Blair Kinghorn

I like this lineup for a lot of reasons;

- we're really pushing to try to create depth in the props. We know what Nel Fagerson Dell etc can do, so excited to see Simon and Bhatti get a chance to show their stuff
- giving Finn (and Greg) a rest. Both were unceremoniously flogged by their french paymasters over the season and I want them to be as fresh as possible for the RWC
- delighted to see Scott Cummings make the bench. By all accounts he's been a beast in training and whenever I've seen him at Scotstoun his rugby intelligence really stands out; his line running, know when to hit rucks etc
- Hogg and Taylor returning from injuries will be good to see how they run out.
- heard really good things in camp about Hutchison, so will be good to see how he goes as a utility back.

Overall broadly a 1/2 strength team from Scotland. Like folk above just hoping to be injury free!!

SCO 26 FRA 19

Winning this game itself is not important. Let's hope that this game would be a good preparation for Scotland.

SCO 10 FRA 8

The French forwards are a bit more experimental, but those backs could be very dangerous.

I'm not a massive fan of Medard, but the rest of the backs are excellent players with some club familiarity (4 play for Clermont).

For Scotland, Hutchinson has huge potential to be a bolter. Good to see Barclay back as well as Taylor.

Scotland getting their pants pulled down, IMO they're the most irritating team in world rugby, always the first to talk themselves up but rarely deliver, every year they come out and say 'we're going to win the grand slam' and in reality only beat Italy. They seem to be more focussed on the end goal rather then the processes that will take them there, they should focus on winning games consistently first before coming out with the grand slam talk, even more so all they were bigging themselves up for the World Cup, players coming out and saying 'we're looking to achieve something special' 'quarters are a minimum' focus on the group first they've got to play Japan who are hitting good form and are the host nation and Samoa who always have a good crack in world cups, they have some good players but they seem to overrate themselves when their results are average

Really happy with a good France win. Hopefully they can repeat it at Murrayfield.

Latest posts