RWC2011 ticket sales going well

smartcooky

Referee Coach and Advisor
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Tasman
From an RWC2011 update sent to me by email..

RNZ 2011 confirmed that overall sales targets were on track after 503,000 tickets worth $76m (exc GST) were snapped up during the first phase which featured Team and Venue Pool Packs as well as tickets to quarter-finals and the Bronze Final.

“The initial demand for tickets has been very strong, both from fans in New Zealand and around the world, and bodes well for capacity crowds in 2011.â€

Approximately 100,000 or one fifth of tickets were purchased overseas, with fans from United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Australia and South Africa leading the way. Some 20,000 fans from 85 different countries were successful in their applications.

Rugby Travel & Hospitality, which manages the Official Travel and Hospitality programme, said tickets were in high demand.

"Our global network of Official Travel Agents responsible for selling a wide variety of travel packages to Rugby fans from around the world are on track to sell more than 100,000 tickets through the travel programme to just over 30,000 overseas visitors,†said David White, Director of Operations at Rugby Travel & Hospitality.

“Current sales indicate we’ll also bring a further 13,500 visitors to New Zealand through the official hospitality programme.â€

RNZ 2011 expects that orders through subsequent ticket phases, further purchase of Official Travel and Hospitality packages as well as expected arrivals of media, sponsors and officials will see these visitor numbers continue to rise over the next 12 months.
Any Kiwis here bought tickets? (I have bought tickets to Italy's two matches in Nelson). Any members of TRF among those who have bought tickets from overseas. I know that Melhor TIme has tickets to the same match I am going to. Anyone else?

I'm going to NZ vs Canada and South Africa vs Wales so far. Might try and go to a few more.

Latest posts