• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][3rd & 4th Place Playoff] New Zealand vs. Wales (01/11/2019)

Jabby

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

3...that is all

edit: harsh

MattGaff

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Cardiff

That’s it. I’ve had enough. TV off!

Tallshort

International
Reaction score
Country Flag

Poland

Club or Nation

Leicester

Scores coming in 7s. Bitterly disappointed with Wales

Reiser99

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Leicester

No money yet for Scotty.

Alex Anghel

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Romania

Club or Nation

Steaua

Too bad Hansen butchered the selection last week, maybe we could have ended up with the final almost everyone predicted at the beginning of the tournament.

Reiser99

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Leicester

It was forward though. Ironic maybe, but the right decision.

Jer1cho

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

South Africa

One of those calls where the slow motion paints a different picture. Pretty harsh, but but probably the right call.

Rich Taff

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Cardiff

Full strength Wales would give NZ a good game.
We just don't have the players to suffer this number of losses, and there is no defensive discipline.
Shame to save one of the worst performances for Gat's last game.

Also, why do the Wales 9's never notice that if they turn their back for 5 seconds, then NZ will always counterruck? See it coming every time.

On the bright side, we get to say good riddance to Wayne Barnes after this.

Reiser99

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Leicester

WTF Shane Williams! Don't compare this shoddy defence to England's!

TRF_stormer2010

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Stormers

Too bad Hansen butchered the selection last week, maybe we could have ended up with the final almost everyone predicted at the beginning of the tournament.
I don't know. I feel its less to do with NZ selections and more to do with the occasion and England continously putting NZ on the back foot and panic set in. No stress this game and NZ are treating it as an exhibition match.

ncurd

International
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Nope sorry, England were too good on the day. Don't think a Wales team playing poorly with no defensive shape directly substitues an England team playing an almost perfect defensive game for a second.

Not Eddie Jones

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Gatland looking to continue his shocking record against the southern hemisphere teams
0-12 against NZ (including today), 3-13 against Oz and 5-11 against SA. That includes 2 victories (and 4 defeats) on neutral turf (1 each against Oz and SA), but not a single win away. In 12 years! One of the several reasons I personally don't think the Gatland era has been anywhere near as magnificently successful as the media are so keen to make out.

RugbyTackle91

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Full strength Wales would give NZ a good game.
We just don't have the players to suffer this number of losses, and there is no defensive discipline.
Shame to save one of the worst performances for Gat's last game.

Also, why do the Wales 9's never notice that if they turn their back for 5 seconds, then NZ will always counterruck? See it coming every time.

On the bright side, we get to say good riddance to Wayne Barnes after this.
Yeah I mean get Hadleigh Parkes in there and were golden ;)

Jabby

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

Nope sorry, England were too good on the day. Don't think a Wales team playing poorly with no defensive shape directly substitues an England team playing an almost perfect defensive game for a second.
Can’t argue England played very well and applied immense pressure...these just a question is one or two of these experience guys could have handled that pressure better

MojoPin

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Cardiff

0-12 against NZ (including today), 3-13 against Oz and 5-11 against SA. That includes 2 victories (and 4 defeats) on neutral turf (1 each against Oz and SA), but not a single win away. In 12 years! One of the several reasons I personally don't think the Gatland era has been anywhere near as magnificently successful as the media are so keen to make out.
It was a lot better than what came before!

Alex Anghel

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Romania

Club or Nation

Steaua

You might be right, but my point is still valid, in my opinion Hansen chose poorly.