• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][3rd & 4th Place Playoff] New Zealand vs. Wales (01/11/2019)

There is no doubts Gats isn't perfect but I for one am extremely concerned about how we'll manage without him. I hope I'm wrong. I hope we play infinite-plays with the quality never dipping below that of 'the try'. I hope we reel off Grand Slams for fun and expose Gatlands limitations by reaching our first World Cup final in 2023 by cutting all opposition to shreds. Do I think it will happen though?

It's so often the way with coaches, that you have to wait for them to go before you can assess their value. If Pivac gets Wales playing an effective, expansive style, it will reflect poorly on Gatland. I hold the same reservations as you.

Just seen that this game isn't going to be on TV in NZ because they didn't bother getting the license for the 3rd place game - any truth in that or just a social media meme?

The article I was seemed legit. Apparently the terrestrial broadcaster only had rights to 12 games and this wasn't one of them. The statements they made were very bullish, brushing it off as not being their fault. Surely they had some say in the games that they showed and chose not to bother with this one.

One of the comments on Facebook from a Kiwi said that the TV company would be more worried about upsetting Corronation Street fans than rugby fans, but I'm not sure if that was tongue in cheek or not.

Just seen that this game isn't going to be on TV in NZ because they didn't bother getting the license for the 3rd place game - any truth in that or just a social media meme?

Broadcast rights for the tournament are owned by an online provider (Spark Sport) and they'll be showing it, as they have all the games.

But they had an agreement with TVNZ for delayed and/or simulcast free-to-air coverage for some matches. For some reason though, the 3rd place match wasn't part of that agreement. TVNZ are saying that was Spark Sports' decision, not theirs.

The article I was seemed legit. Apparently the terrestrial broadcaster only had rights to 12 games and this wasn't one of them. The statements they made were very bullish, brushing it off as not being their fault. Surely they had some say in the games that they showed and chose not to bother with this one.

One of the comments on Facebook from a Kiwi said that the TV company would be more worried about upsetting Corronation Street fans than rugby fans, but I'm not sure if that was tongue in cheek or not.

The rights for the whole thing were shown on Spark which is an online only service. So none of the pool games or quarter finals were on normal TV. They played the semi on free to air, and would've done the final presumably.

A lot of complaints about the whole thing only being streaming in general.

A lot of complaints about the whole thing only being streaming in general.

Have to admit, apart from the opening pool match against the Boks, I didnt have too many issues.

Hope there arent any problems this week because I'm actually looking forward to this match. It must be incredibly hard to get up for, but it'll be a very good indication of the resilience within the squad. I'm curious to see how the boys respond.

this is wales shot, unless something changes during the week , or unless things have been misreported, the AB's seem really low, could be an uphill task to get the motivated for this game, often gets called the game no one wants to play

could be good for rugby and as a bit of a turning point for the AB's, have all our bad news in one week

It will be on live here in Turkmenistan.
We still love our All Blacks. :)
AB's will get up for Read and Ben Smith. Less intense, more open game will suit AB's. Big win to them I'm thinking.

should be a good game. both teams have nothing to lose. hoping for some beautiful rugby

this is wales shot, unless something changes during the week , or unless things have been misreported, the AB's seem really low, could be an uphill task to get the motivated for this game, often gets called the game no one wants to play

I can't see it - Wales are coming off an even shorter turnaround with a squad further depleted by yesterday's semi-final. I'm tempted to the evens that Bet365 are offering on NZ -18.5. You're certainly right that no one wants the game (other than those who stand to profit from it!)

It's important we win this. It's been a bad year, I want to see the team finish on a high and the retiring players and coaching staff deserve it. Hopefully Ben Smith gets a try. Him and Crotty really could've been used last weekend.

If I were Gats, I'd put out the strongest team and tell the lads to have a real go. Should be a fun match.

Isn't the meme a screen shot of a Wales online headline?

You should know better. Or you did and are throwing the cat amongst the pigeons. Fair play.

I have never seen Wales beat the All Blacks since being on this planet for all of 33 years lol. Would be something quite amazing. Don't see it happening though.

Can't see it happening this Friday either.

I agree, even if Wales put out their strongest team available , which is getting pretty thin now, I don't see them winning. That's why you just say sod it and give the likes of Carre and Lane a start.

I agree, even if Wales put out their strongest team available , which is getting pretty thin now, I don't see them winning. That's why you just say sod it and give the likes of Carre and Lane a start.

Might just as well. They should just go out and have fun. It's the last game their beloved coach and captain is going to play so might just give them a good send-off.

This game should actually be very open. Both teams should have a "don't give a hoot" attitude.

This game should actually be very open. Both teams should have a "don't give a hoot" attitude.
I will find it hilarious if Gatland lets Wales play attacking rugby and they end up spanking the ABs (this is not going to happen) "see this how we could of played for the past 12 years I just wanted to see how many games you could by the smallest margin possible!"

I don't see this being the case, I think Gats will be hugely up for winning this. Last game, never beaten New Zealand, same goes for Alun Wyn. I think Wales will play
I will find it hilarious if Gatland lets Wales play attacking rugby and they end up spanking the ABs (this is not going to happen) "see this how we could of played for the past 12 years I just wanted to see how many games you could by the smallest margin possible!"
I agree, I think Gats will be seriously pumped to win this. Last game, never beaten NZ. Don't think they will but he's not going to be throwing caution to the wind

Latest posts