• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][3rd & 4th Place Playoff] New Zealand vs. Wales (01/11/2019)

Too bad Hansen butchered the selection last week, maybe we could have ended up with the final almost everyone predicted at the beginning of the tournament.

It was forward though. Ironic maybe, but the right decision.

One of those calls where the slow motion paints a different picture. Pretty harsh, but but probably the right call.

Full strength Wales would give NZ a good game.
We just don't have the players to suffer this number of losses, and there is no defensive discipline.
Shame to save one of the worst performances for Gat's last game.

Also, why do the Wales 9's never notice that if they turn their back for 5 seconds, then NZ will always counterruck? See it coming every time.

On the bright side, we get to say good riddance to Wayne Barnes after this.

Shingler looks like he spray paints his hair on.
SnSGrwF.jpg

Too bad Hansen butchered the selection last week, maybe we could have ended up with the final almost everyone predicted at the beginning of the tournament.

I don't know. I feel its less to do with NZ selections and more to do with the occasion and England continously putting NZ on the back foot and panic set in. No stress this game and NZ are treating it as an exhibition match.

Nope sorry, England were too good on the day. Don't think a Wales team playing poorly with no defensive shape directly substitues an England team playing an almost perfect defensive game for a second.

Gatland looking to continue his shocking record against the southern hemisphere teams

0-12 against NZ (including today), 3-13 against Oz and 5-11 against SA. That includes 2 victories (and 4 defeats) on neutral turf (1 each against Oz and SA), but not a single win away. In 12 years! One of the several reasons I personally don't think the Gatland era has been anywhere near as magnificently successful as the media are so keen to make out.

Full strength Wales would give NZ a good game.
We just don't have the players to suffer this number of losses, and there is no defensive discipline.
Shame to save one of the worst performances for Gat's last game.

Also, why do the Wales 9's never notice that if they turn their back for 5 seconds, then NZ will always counterruck? See it coming every time.

On the bright side, we get to say good riddance to Wayne Barnes after this.
Yeah I mean get Hadleigh Parkes in there and were golden ;)

Nope sorry, England were too good on the day. Don't think a Wales team playing poorly with no defensive shape directly substitues an England team playing an almost perfect defensive game for a second.
Can't argue England played very well and applied immense pressure...these just a question is one or two of these experience guys could have handled that pressure better

0-12 against NZ (including today), 3-13 against Oz and 5-11 against SA. That includes 2 victories (and 4 defeats) on neutral turf (1 each against Oz and SA), but not a single win away. In 12 years! One of the several reasons I personally don't think the Gatland era has been anywhere near as magnificently successful as the media are so keen to make out.

It was a lot better than what came before!

You might be right, but my point is still valid, in my opinion Hansen chose poorly.

Latest posts