• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][3rd & 4th Place Playoff] New Zealand vs. Wales (01/11/2019)

Can't argue England played very well and applied immense pressure...these just a question is one or two of these experience guys could have handled that pressure better

There were actually 4 players: Cane, SBW, Crotty and Ben Smith.

England are an worthy finalist though.

Can't argue England played very well and applied immense pressure...these just a question is one or two of these experience guys could have handled that pressure better
They'll probably of played better but win a game where you essentially got niled and were absolutely gifted your only points? Yeah can't agree with anything other than the margin may have been smaller.

I honestly think that Gatland and the media have used that as an excuse for far too long.

It's still the truth of the matter though, isn't it? The argument then changes to whether he should have moved on earlier. Which is a more difficult one to answer. Either way as a Welsh fan Gats really did give me hope for Welsh rugby and has delivered some of my best ever memories, pretty happy with that at the end of the day.

This has got to be J. Barrett's last game in black for a while. He makes so many dumb mistakes.

Coltman is a good player but an awful line out thrower.

Alanis Morisette's head would explode if she heard about the top try scorer in the comp coming from the worst attacking side in the comp.
Adams has to fall into obscurity after this doesn't he? He's an average athlete.amd not exceptionally skilled by any measure, it defies logic how successful he's been this year!

Adams has to fall into obscurity after this doesn't he? He's an average athlete.amd not exceptionally skilled by any measure, it defies logic how successful he's been this year!
Technically he's still a Worcester player until the world cup ends, so it must be the luck of the English

It's still the truth of the matter though, isn't it? The argument then changes to whether he should have moved on earlier. Which is a more difficult one to answer. Either way as a Welsh fan Gats really did give me hope for Welsh rugby and has delivered some of my best ever memories, pretty happy with that at the end of the day.

Yeah, my big problem with it is that lack of progress that he brought. 12 years is a loooong time and they never really developed their game over that time, yet what happened before Gatland came is still the yardstick by which Wales' success or failure is measured even now (as opposed to, say, 3 six nations ***les in his first 6 years being the yardstick). It seemed to get into a cycle of every time Wales lost, they were 'competitive' and 'punching above their weight' coz it was only poor widdle old Wales, whereas every time they won, it was because Gatland was a genius and weren't widdle old Wales lucky to have such a wonderful coach as him and they should be grateful. I never liked that idea of Wales win because of Gatland and Wales lose because they're Wales, but its become a very popular rhetoric for the last 6 years or so (during which Gatland has won just 1 six nations ***le).

Latest posts