• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 1 - Ireland vs. Scotland (22/09/2019)

That dummy was crazy,
Sold two players and the cameraman

Edit: turns out it wasn't a dummy, he just knocked it straight back to the guy

Congrats Ireland for a comfortable win. I have good crack with a lot of the Irish fans but some of them need to be careful with the "holier than thou" attitude going about just now. It's one game against us who have regressed massively under Townsend. Speak to most Scottish fans and they will tell you whilst we have some decent players we don't have the organisation to compete under the current management.

The bigger test obviously for Ireland will be against South Africa in the quarters. That is when it really matters and I think could be a very close game.
https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/448428

Nice to see Barnes actually tells players who swing around a maul to block the back to get out. Too many refs let them stay there, collapse it and get a turn over.

This match could have been played at the Aviva or Murrayfield and I wouldn't known the difference between that and being played today.

Have to imagine Best won't be starting against Japan after playing a full 80.

Nice to see Barnes actually tells players who swing around a maul to block the back to get out. Too many refs let them stay there, collapse it and get a turn over.

I always have some sympathy for the ref here. Hard to ref on the field, need to see in a second whether a player comes through the middle when a maul rotates or if the player swings around the back. Hard when 12-16 body's are involved.

You've still got 10 minutes dude.

haha that's ever an optimist if I've seen one!! We have been pumped

Not sure what you are implying here? See if Ireland win the World Cup then fair play to them. They haven't is all I'm saying and it's easy being billy big ******** when you come up against us.

If you thump England, France, New Zealand or South Africa like you did us today then I will gladly take my hat off to you!

Arguably the worst Scotland performance I've ever seen. As far back as I can remember they'll put phase after phase together and then knock it on. It seems as though handling errors are a chronic disease that runs through Scottish Rugby.

A real shame....they'd seemed to have turned a corner under Cotter.

Arguably the worst Scotland performance I've ever seen. As far back as I can remember they'll put phase after phase together and then knock it on. It seems as though handling errors are a chronic disease that runs through Scottish Rugby.

Try being a supporter. Difficult to excited when the outcome is so predictable!

Might as well do my summary now.

Well played Ireland, did exactly what they needed to and avoided a potential banana skin. However they were never truly tested after the first 5 minutes and danger is they won't have a tough game before the quarters. Good chance to rest and rotate players, but might be question mark of how the handle genuine pressure.

Scotland were awful. Terrible defending and predictable in attack. Far too many individual errors. Genuinely struggling to think of a noteworthy individual performance. Maybe Maitkand. They need to step up massively if they want to make the quarter finals.

Are you like 10 years old? Serious question, as Scotland have only become semi decent in the last 4 years or so.

Arguably the worst Scotland performance I've ever seen.
What are you like 5? Scotland have played far far far worse than this. The Scottish side of the late 2000's/early 2010's would have a genuine question if they could beat Italy...

Try being a supporter. Difficult to excited when the outcome is so predictable!

Feel for you.

Got a real battle on to qualify now. Japan will be well up for it against you.

Agree, there is a predictability about Scotland in attack. You know the knock on is imminent.

Latest posts