• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 2 - Russia vs. Samoa (24/09/2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
ozGqDLF.png

C7IIkhg.jpg
j7lEIMe.png
rBmUoH1.png

Venue: Kumagaya Rugby Stadium
Time: 12:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Poor Russia have been shafted with a 4 day turn around, against Samoa no less. I'm expecting Samoa to put 30 points on them

Poor Russia have been shafted with a 4 day turn around, against Samoa no less. I'm expecting Samoa to put 30 points on them

Aww poor Russia. Surely the country the symbolises fair play and following the rules deserves better.

Aww poor Russia. Surely the country the symbolises fair play and following the rules deserves better.
This is rugby, man.

I hope Russia put in a good performance that shows they've earned their place at this tournament, but I hope my boys at Samoa take it.

Some of the 4 day gaps are tough in this, has anyone done a comparison?

This is rugby, man.

I hope Russia put in a good performance that shows they've earned their place at this tournament, but I hope my boys at Samoa take it.

Some of the 4 day gaps are tough in this, has anyone done a comparison?

I have little tolerance for a country that has been proven to cheat in almost all sports at a state level. There are currently discussions about banning them from all sporting activity, not just athletics. Certainly no sympathy for a 4 day turn around.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/49805296

On the other hand I will give credit where due and they played far better against Japan than expected.

How many of their side is the same as they put out against Japan?

I think they gave everything against Japan so I think Samoa could give them a bit of a spanking.

Good try from Samoa after a resolute first 15 by the Ruskies.

Russia continuing to impress. They certainly aren't going to roll over.

If only the Russian 9 had seen his support there...

That is the barest of mitigating factors. Other refs might have said he's not bent his knees enough.

Latest posts