• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 2 - Scotland vs. Samoa (30/09/2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
ozGqDLF.png

I2IwG7n.png
j7lEIMe.png
rBmUoH1.png

Venue: Kobe Misaki Stadium
Time: 12:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Shame Samoa have fallen off a cliff in recent years, this could've been a banger.

I imagine it'll look similar to England vs Tonga, and Scotland will comfortably win an uncomfortable game.

Scotland should win comfortably, but they've certainly put the pressure on themselves. Samoa will probably have their tails up at any sniff of an upset.

I don't know... Samoa are definitely better than Tonga, and Scotland are definitely worse than England.

Did you guys see Samoa play Aus a few weeks ago? Their scrum was pretty decent, especially when Mulipola came on. They have more cutting edge in the backs as well... Alipati Leuia is always good for a few decent carries, Belgium Tuitagaloa is pretty elusive (played 7s for NZ a few years ago).

Scotland probably prevail, but closer to 10-15 points than 30 I think.

Agreed. That's pretty much my assessment. Scotland definitely can't afford to take Samoa too lightly. If they rotate too much they could get caught cold. Particularly if Samoa get a decent victory over Russia tomorrow. I may be wrong, but I think Russia put a lot in to the Japan game and with a short turnaround, Samoa could punish that.

The likes of Mulipola, Leiua, Vui and Tuala either are (or have been very recently) good performers in the Premiership. Tim Nanai-Williams hasn't really done much at Clermont but is a quality player too. I'm not suggesting they're quite the threat of the Samoan teams of old, but they're not a bad outfit.

Samoa were awful under their last coach, but might not be so shabby now. They scored rakes of points at Murrayfield two years ago (44-38). They shouldn't have a hope in hell ordinarily, but if there is dissent in the Scottish ranks then who knows.

Definitely worth tuning in to for entertainment purposes (and a possible giggle).

Big first loss and Watson and price injured, its not looking good for them. They should beat Samoa but still.

Fortunately George Horne is another quick scrum half (and not just in comparison to Greig) so we still have that option.

Fortunately George Horne is another quick scrum half (and not just in comparison to Greig) so we still have that option.
But Pyrgos is if anything slower than Laidlaw. Genuinely concerned about this game could see us making a real meal of it. And the longer Samoa are in the game the tougher it will be.

Only saving grace may be that Samoa have a short turnaround so may be struggling in the last 20 mins.

I'd imagine that under the adversity the Scots are currently facing they'll come out and be pretty on-point against Samoa. I think they'll win by about 25 as they need something to build off for that Japan game (and it ain't gonna be the game against Russia).

They may have been poor on the weekend but they have some great performances within them.

Samoa with too many injuries, Scots should do this, but nothing is ever certain with Scotland! :D

Latest posts