• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Ireland vs. Samoa (12/10/2019)

This is from: https://laws.worldrugby.org/?law=16&language=EN

1. A maul can take place only in the field of play.
  2. It consists of a ball-carrier and at least one player from each team, bound together and on their feet.
  3. Once formed, a maul must move towards a goal line.
A bot different to what explanation was given when we played a game last year. But well most are reffed on a fast pace where defensive players and offensive players enter so it rare but most refs will call that once its held up in the tackle it will be a maul

I thought Ireland would win comfortably, but this comfortably? And with only 14 men?
It's an absolute demolition job and it's not even like they're having to try that hard

A bot different to what explanation was given when we played a game last year. But well most are reffed on a fast pace where defensive players and offensive players enter so it rare but most refs will call that once its held up in the tackle it will be a maul

Oh I know it's different to how refs call it, and I'm positive I've seen some mauls called where it's just a group of defensive players holding up a player. However in that circumstance it's not being refereed properly. It's definitely an area that needs looking at.

I thought Ireland would win comfortably, but this comfortably? And with only 14 men?
It's an absolute demolition job and it's not even like they're having to try that hard

Samoa have been diabolical. Honestly this is just embarrassing for them.

Oh I know it's different to how refs call it, and I'm positive I've seen some mauls called where it's just a group of defensive players holding up a player. However in that circumstance it's not being refereed properly. It's definitely an area that needs looking at.
That and a few more rules

I thought he dropped it and regathered it. And yes the TMO confirms it.

Smart idea from Ireland is to start POM as a bench ootion next week. Have him be the leader for last 30 taking over from Best who will only have 50 or so next week. And Sexton we don't know what he will last

Samoa have been spiralling since 2011... and there is no sign that anything can change. They used to be the Pacific Islands team, right now I'd fancy Tonga to beat them.

Samoa have been spiralling since 2011... and there is no sign that anything can change. They used to be the Pacific Islands team, right now I'd fancy Tonga to beat them.

Fiji are the best placed team based on this world cup.

Ireland have played well, but easy to look good against this Samoan side. Still not significant injuries, the Aki red card is the only real downside. Pretty much close to the best they could hope for.

Does that mean we've won the last two games an we had a player red carded?

Job done and pretty much exactly what we needed. Looks like the only player we lose from it is Aki but got good game time for Henshaw and Carbery. Content.

We were the most disciplined team in history in terms of red cards before that game if I'm right. CJ Stander and Bundee Aki last two, a South African and a Samoan though so we knew the risks.

Last edited:
I believe it was the Israeli Jamie Heaslip who was the 3rd last also? Poach.

Haha

The son of a General serving for the United Nations is VERY different from McStander, O'Aki and Paddy Kleyn

Anyone who can't distinguish between the two scenarios is either too stupid to waste my/your time on or is wilfully misrepresenting the facts of the matter

Latest posts