• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Japan vs. Scotland (13/10/2019)

Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, the teams could be staying in the precise place that they're staying?
Both teams are already in Oita.
They are staying in Oita.
They are training in Oita.
There is no match in Oita this weekend, so no clash for the pitch.
All of this had apparently been arranged before the match was confirmed as cancelled - so as a contingency plan (or as WR call it "a what now?)
The only part of that contingency that wasn't enacted, was transport from one part of Oita to another part of Oita, and possibly transport and hotels for 3 match officials.

Again, literally nobody is saying that the match should have taken place where originally planned, nor in the official backup 14 miles away (WTF? It doesn't need to be the biggest typhoon for 60 years to affect an area bigger than 14 miles!).
Literally nobody is saying that rugby is more important than the typhoon.
We're just saying that it is possible and feasible to play rugby in a different part of the country to a typhoon. As evidence, we present the fact that rugby was played in a different part of the country to the typhoon.

Can you give me a source that both are already training in Oita?

Last edited:
England was also down to be training at Miyazaki training base regardless of Typhoon according to the official website.

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/team-camps/Miyazaki-Prefecture

So would imagine everything was set up for them anyway.

Wait so are Japan and Scotland in Oita or not?
Huh?
So England were due to arrive and train in Oita an hour or so before they were due to be playing 1,000 km away? That seems unlikely.

Who said anything about Japan and Scotland here - their match hasn't even been cancelled yet.

ETA: Ah, sorry, this bit of discussion is in the Scotland v Japan thread, although the discussion for this, and England v France and NZ v Italy have all kinds melded into one.

Huh?
So England were due to arrive and train in Oita an hour or so before they were due to be playing 1,000 km away? That seems unlikely.

Who said anything about Japan and Scotland here - their match hasn't even been cancelled yet.
I mean you quoted me taking about Japan and Scotland in the Japan v Scotland match thread.

I just assumed you was talking about them TBH.

I mean you quoted me taking about Japan and Scotland in the Japan v Scotland match thread.

I just assumed you was talking about them TBH.
See my edit, all 3 affected match discussions have kinda melded into one. My initial quoting of you was you quoting Olyy talking about England. I assumed you were talking about England, because you quoted me talking about England in reply to a quote about England.

The point remains, the weather and accomodation was available in Oita, as proven by teams being there, ready to play, and able to train

See my edit, all 3 affected match discussions have kinda melded into one. My initial quoting of you was you quoting Olyy talking about England. I assumed you were talking about England, because you quoted me talking about England in reply to a quote about England.

The point remains, the weather and accomodation was available in Oita, as proven by teams being there, ready to play, and able to train
Typical English arrogance, assuming everything is always about England :cool:

See I thought you was talking about Japan in the quote about me quoting Oly who was quoting the press about England moving being an example of Japan and Scotland moving to play elsewhere.

I didn't think that you where talking about England in your quote of me quoting Olyy, Quoting the press.

Hence why My quote of you quoting me quoting Olyy, quoting the press was in my mind quoting about Japan and Scotland. Which led to me quoting you, quoting me, quoting you, quoting me, quoting Olyy who was quoting the press with the mind it was solely about those two.

See I thought you was talking about Japan in the quote about me quoting Oly who was quoting the press about England moving being an example of Japan and Scotland moving to play elsewhere.

I didn't think that you where talking about England in your quote of me quoting Olyy, Quoting the press.

Hence why My quote of you quoting me quoting Olyy, quoting the press was in my mind quoting about Japan and Scotland. Which led to me quoting you, quoting me, quoting you, quoting me, quoting Olyy who was quoting the press with the mind it was solely about those two.
Atypical ;)

I can see Scotland having some real joy at the breakdown especially with jackals like Ritchie and Fraser Brown in the starting 15. Ritchie was very impressive against Samoa and really helps compensate for the loss of Hamish Watson. The backrow has better balance to it with Ritchie, Thompson and Bradbury.

I read that this game could well break the record in terms of global viewing figures. Would be such a shame if it doesn't go ahead.

Agree that the back row looks good for Scotland despite Hamish's absence. I cant say I know much about Blade, but I think it is important that the ageing Barclay wasnt a starter. He has been in a gradual decline these past few years in my opinion. Bradbury should have been nailed on for the original squad of 31 in my opinion and Ritchie seems quite heady and could be a decent lineout option too.

Surprised Townsend has gone for youth there (I think he would have ommitted Darcy if Maitland was fit), but if you are good enough you are old enough.

That'll be the Frenchies one big performance this year then!

TBH they should have beaten your Boyos in Paris in 2019 SN

Huget slips to gift North a try & Vahamineana throws one of most diabolical passes I've ever seen in a Rugby Game
Last 10 mins of game & he throws a high looping 20m pass that could have been deciphered from the Moon

14 points gifted in 2 moments of madness

TBH they should have beaten your Boyos in Paris in 2019 SN

Huget slips to gift North a try & Vahamineana throws one of most diabolical passes I've ever seen in a Rugby Game
Last 10 mins of game & he throws a high looping 20m pass that could have been deciphered from the Moon

14 points gifted in 2 moments of madness
No need for the play-by-play rugga I remember it vividly... it was frikkin hilarious!

Surprised Townsend has gone for youth there (I think he would have ommitted Darcy if Maitland was fit), but if you are good enough you are old enough.

Not sure. He dropped Seymour against Samoa and D'Arcy did ok and was electric against Russia. I think Seymour got the nod over Kinghorn because of his experience, better defence and probably just edges it under the high ball. Kinghorn and Hornito off the bench does excite me. I just hope we don't wake up to bad news rendering all of this irrelevant.

What time is the decision on Japan v Scotland? I read 12pm BST. Is that right?

Latest posts