• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Japan vs. Scotland (13/10/2019)

Here's a question should Japan's national resources be spent on dealing with the Typhoon and it's aftermath or relocating a rugby match?

Because that's literally what is being demanded here. And let's not pretend relocating the match would of been cheap.

The money would come from the JRFU and WR, not the Japanese disaster relief fund - surely?
Or did the Japanese Government fund England's early move back to Miyazaki?

The lack of explanation/transparency from WR is what's causing the upset - they've been banging on about how much planning has gone into every eventuality and then when push comes to shove it turns out they planned sod all in advance and when they did start to plan it was too late. Moving to a stadium a few miles away? Having literally no back up plans for Japan vs Scotland? What exactly have they been doing these past years?
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...oon-hagibis-england-france-scotland-japan-cup

If Plan A was always just to cancel games then say that - don't BS about potential moves until a few hours before kickoff and then cancel.

Here's a question should Japan's national resources be spent on dealing with the Typhoon and it's aftermath or relocating a rugby match?

Because that's literally what is being demanded here. And let's not pretend relocating the match would of been cheap.

This reminds me of Vote Leave suggesting that the money paid to the EU every week should have been redirected to the NHS which in the end was proved to be a total fallacy. The cost of relocating this match is not down to the Japanese taxpayer!

A friend (who seemingly has a good source) is claiming that the game is off. More to follow...

Outside athletics track and the player's tunnel inside the stadium were under water before the typhoon even hit. If the game goes ahead it would be a bloody miracle.

From WR's website...

"We remain optimistic that Sunday's remaining matches will go ahead as scheduled in Kumamoto, Hanazono and Yokohama, which are much further south and therefore outside of the impact of the storm conditions this morning."

Perhaps there is hope after all

Safety assessments of the stadium/surrounding area being carried out atm and an announcement to be made afterwards

I hope its on.
The Scots are completely justified this time -I cannot believe the uselessness of World Rugby in this matter. Lots of options could have been available if they'd actually done contingency planning, I suppose they spent that money on some more champagne instead

Latest posts