• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Japan vs. Scotland (13/10/2019)

I'm confused, are you allowed to move a defending player from the ruck by lifting his leg from the side, because surely that's coming in from the side?

Fantastic game. Japan deserved that with an outstanding first half. Scotland fought back better than I expected though.

What a performance from Japan. Out go Scotland, but no doubt they would have preferred to go out this way than not playing.

Great game both sides... lived up to the expectations.

To the Scots, real good effort at the end there and a little unlucky to have drawn such a tough group.

Japan... well I wouldn't want to play you for a place in the final should Wales make the semi's... Springboks please!

If we WR want to salvage this world cup in anyway they need to make sure Japan get some regular top tier rugby.

Really poor execution at times from Scotland there. So many passes not going to hand or if caught stopping forward momentum. Also missed a raft of tackles and were turned over far too often.

Russell meant to be one of the box office 10's in the world, and he has been poor in this tournament.

Hogg has lost more than a yard of pace the last couple of years.

G Horne and Price should be battling out for 9 shirt for Scotland going forward, and Cummings should be starting alongside Gray in 2nd row.

Fantastic spectacle and well deserved. Jamie Joseph is an absolute legend managing to knock off both Ireland and Scotland. The performances in both the matches exceeded what I considered Japan's ceiling to be and I loved how they stuck to the gameplan of trying to score rather than trying to defend a lead (which might have proved fatal).

I still think the Bok pack will eat them for lunch, but you never know. If they can get that prop and Mafi back fit somehow then maybe they will have enough muscle to give their backs any sort of chance to play rugby.

I've always liked the Scots but it's great for the tournament for Japan to progress.

Chin up Scotland, you were part of history today.

Latest posts