• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Japan vs. Scotland (13/10/2019)

Rinkadink

Bench Player
Reaction score
Club or Nation

Bristol

I hope Japan will be included in the Rugby Championship. A team currently far more interesting than Argentina.
Argentina deserve to be dropped, gone backwards. They have their SR/international thing going on anyway.

Given their fans on here I would say it's karma. Good on you Japan, unlucky Scotland.

CymruRygbi

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Newport

Poor choice of options for me to switch to here - Belgium v Kazakhstan, anyone?

Gavin

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Former Soviet Union

Club or Nation

Barbarians

What's even more disappointing is that the Sunwolves are being cut from Super Rugby. The interest in the game will have sky rocketed in the country with the world cup

TBeastT

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

What's even more disappointing is that the Sunwolves are being cut from Super Rugby. The interest in the game will have sky rocketed in the country with the world cup
That decision really has not aged well.

Alex Anghel

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Romania

Club or Nation

Steaua

Argentina deserve to be dropped, gone backwards. They have their SR/international thing going on anyway.

Given their fans on here I would say it's karma. Good on you Japan, unlucky Scotland.
I do not want Argentina to be dropped, just for Japan to be included in that tournament.

Cruz_del_Sur

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Argentina

Club or Nation

CASI

I don't see how you can confidently say Japan are getting demolished based on this World Cup
1) you could argue they peaked too early.
2) They had their toughest game last, they will pay for this, specially against a physical team like South Africa.
3) South Africa had a very tough first game but then glided through their group, effortlessly.
4) I don't think Japan has the weight nor experience to stop RSA's set pieces.

I'm not saying Japan can't win, i am saying i can see how south africa could destroy them. If I were a betting man i'd say RSA by more than 14.

Rinkadink

Bench Player
Reaction score
Club or Nation

Bristol

I think that's a good thing; Japan could create a monster of a domestic league to rival the likes of the Premiership or Top14.

That is much more desirable than the other, it's better for the sport, gets more money in, more people involved and more professional players/structures. Also more environmentally friendly.

TRF_stormer2010

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Stormers

If Japan are going to topple us (SA) they have to stand firm the first 20.

BobbyM

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Hurricanes

Townsend should walk. Scotland have gone backwards since he took over from Vern

Bruce_ma_goose

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Italy

I think that's a good thing; Japan could create a monster of a domestic league to rival the likes of the Premiership or Top14.

That is much more desirable than the other, it's better for the sport, gets more money in, more people involved and more professional players/structures.
Yes, they will either do this and end up picking off the cream of SH talent for their league, or they'll regress (quite quickly if Jospeh leaves) due to only getting competitive fixtures against top sides every four years. Or both.

Nice of Ian McGeechan to twice make an impassioned plea for the powers that be to incorporate Japan into some kind of competive annual tournament. Hopefully the bean-counters of this world were listening.

ragerancher

International
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Don't worry Scotland, 2023 is Scotland's year! I can feel it!

MarcusL

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Wales

Club or Nation

Ospreys

What a game, nail biting from start to finish, I thought Scotland were going to come back when they cut the lead to 28-21, but Japan held firm and put their bodies on the line.

Better than any football match I've ever seen. Never underestimate Japan. South Africa did in 2015; the night before the famous game, my South African friend saw them getting drunk at a Brighton nightclub thinking it was going to be an easy game.

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

South Africa

What a game, nail biting from start to finish, I thought Scotland were going to come back when they cut the lead to 28-21, but Japan held firm and put their bodies on the line.

Better than any football match I've ever seen. Never underestimate Japan. South Africa did in 2015; the night before the famous game, my South African friend saw them getting drunk at a Brighton nightclub thinking it was going to be an easy game.
Don’t think that’s why he got drunk. We just like to drink and get ******

unrated

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

Sharks

Ah now South Africa will become the hated/bad guys once we end their fairytale and knock them out of the World Cup.

Must say though I’m glad that the All Blacks and Ireland will face each other, they can take each other out, we will cruise until we meet the Welsh or the Australians in the Semi but I would much honestly prefer Wales.

Not that I think Wales are worse than the Aussies just that Aus knows us better and the risk of an upset would be higher

donmcdazzle

First XV
Reaction score
Ah now South Africa will become the hated/bad guys once we end their fairytale and knock them out of the World Cup.

Must say though I’m glad that the All Blacks and Ireland will face each other, they can take each other out, we will cruise until we meet the Welsh or the Australians in the Semi but I would much honestly prefer Wales.

Not that I think Wales are worse than the Aussies just that Aus knows us better and the risk of an upset would be higher
it’ll be Wales or France in the semi. Man. Losing that first game had given you such a good run to the final now. Although Wales have the type of game to trouble the boks

ratsapprentice

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

England

That is much more desirable than the other, it's better for the sport, gets more money in, more people involved and more professional players/structures. Also more environmentally friendly.

Isn't that supposed to be happening already?