• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Japan vs. Scotland (13/10/2019)

Gregor will of course say he is confident it will go ahead he's trying to put pressure on world rugby along with the SRU threatening to sue.
Common tactic.

Sums up the Scottish mentality though if they start crying about it when people have already died due to the weather.

Mind why organise a Comp during Typhoon season I will never know.

In my opinion if this game is cancelled this tournament is a complete and utter failure. Especially when they could have moved it to an unaffected area of Japan when they had the chance (even if played behind closed doors). I hope Scotland fleece World Rugby if the worst happens.

No it is not unless the final was cancelled due to a massive earthquake or another typhoon. The tournament will go on, even if these things could have been planned better - like not playing the world cup during typhoon season.

It would be a massive shame if Scotland get knocked out before being able to play this game, but nothing more , nothing less. Scotland signed up to the tournament rules before they played.

In my opinion if this game is cancelled this tournament is a complete and utter failure. Especially when they could have moved it to an unaffected area of Japan when they had the chance (even if played behind closed doors). I hope Scotland fleece World Rugby if the worst happens.

Get a sense of perspective FFS

https://twitter.com/thedeadballarea/status/1182188540576317443

Above thread go into detail about Logistics WR will have lost millions as a result Moreover how about we consider safety of Players, Fans & local population Rugby means nothing in comparison

Worst typhoon in 20 years & oh BTW there was a 5.7 mag Earthquake last night as well

Scots can pound sand for alI I care They got kerbstomped by Irish in 1st game when fresh & rested

And that was way before the Typhoon has hit. Gregor can't see into the future. If you have ever experienced the after mouth of a big hurricane you will know that everything is just shut - no electricity, places under water; it takes time to survey the damage and get things back up and running and getting players, staff to the stadium, even if this game is played behind closed doors. Who's going to clear up the mess left by the Typhoon so the pitch etc is going to be fit to play on? Staff getting to the stadium?

But yes of course if Gregor is confident then that is good enough for you.

I was being sarcastic re his rather stupid "confident" statement.

No it is not unless the final was cancelled due to a massive earthquake or another typhoon. The tournament will go on, even if these things could have been planned better - like not playing the world cup during typhoon season.

It would be a massive shame if Scotland get knocked out before being able to play this game, but nothing more , nothing less. Scotland signed up to the tournament rules before they played.

I completely disagree, I would back Scotland to beat Japan and get into the QF's and once they get there who knows what could happen, they've proven they can pull off big performances recently. The integrity of the tournament would be affected and I would personally always have an asterisk over whoever goes on to win it. But hey that's just me.

I completely disagree, I would back Scotland to beat Japan and get into the QF's and once they get there who knows what could happen, they've proven they can pull off big performances recently. The integrity of the tournament would be affected and I would personally always have an asterisk over whoever goes on to win it. But hey that's just me.

Has the integrity not been affected for you already? (Italy) or is it only because its Scotland .

If the game does not go ahead it won't be the end of the WC, however if it does go ahead and something really bad happens then it might be the end, not literally but it'll be the lasting memory and legacy...

I've not changed my stance it's a farce, not the cancellation of games (that can't be helped) but the lack of a plan B to get games on put in place years ago is poor.

Ah yes that massive performance versus Ireland.:confused:

So if it has already affected the integrity for you what does it matter now?

100% sure if the game was still play and Scotland won and somehow won the RWC would you still put an * next to it..........................

I doubt it.

So if it has already affected the integrity for you what does it matter now?

100% sure if the game was still play and Scotland won and somehow won the RWC would you still put an * next to it..........................

I doubt it.

The integrity of the tournament has been dented no doubt.

Would I put an asterisk next to the winner because Italy didn't get a chance to beat the All Blacks with a bonus point, no. Keep trying though.

The integrity of the tournament has been dented no doubt.

Would I put an asterisk next to the winner because Italy didn't get a chance to beat the All Blacks with a bonus point, no. Keep trying though.

Much the same as me with Scotland not getting chance to beat Japan with a bonus point.

Italy v NZ , Japan v Scotland . Both EXACTLY the same in my book

It's been handled VERY badly.

The cancelled games could be replayed at different locations on different days, and behind closed doors if public services are strapped. Folks seem to be forgetting that we're watching a game happening RIGHT NOW - seems that games CAN be played in Japan - oh, and that the game being played allows one of the affected Group members to cement their ambitions to reach the KO stages, but another team in the same Group are being denied their opportunity to try and progress. It's a nonsense!

Latest posts