• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Japan vs. Scotland (13/10/2019)

Lol can you imagine.

People genuinely think it's the same as moving a National 8 south team to the field next door.

It's staggering the ignorance being spewed out on all platforms

Here a video of a Lorry being tipped onto its side

https://twitter.com/08Yuvi/status/1182935471313178624

Two fatalities already, Flooding, 100+ mph winds, Damage to Homes, Infrastructure & buildings Other sporting events also been cancelled

No big deal, lets playing a bloody game with no though or respect to the host nation or its local population

Scottish Rugby Union have shown scant regard for anything else beyond the game vs Japan I hope they sue & lose That'll teach them a lesson & alot of £££ Morons the lot of them

3d4rzi.jpg

Two fatalities already, Flooding, 100+ mph winds, Damage to Homes, Infrastructure & buildings Other sporting events also been cancelled

No big deal, lets playing a bloody game with no though or respect to the host nation or its local population

Scottish Rugby Union have shown scant regard for anything else beyond the game vs Japan I hope they sue & lose That'll teach them a lesson & alot of £££ Morons the lot of them

wow..... first time I've agreed with rugga.

take a like you.

Welcome to the Club along with BushTop...

I'm very much an acquired taste in my commentary/mannerisms
#

USE YOUR BRAIN.

MOVE TO AN UNAFFECTED AREA!!!

MOVE TO AN UNAFFCETED AREA!!!

MOVE TO AN UNAFFCTED AREA!!!

I don't doubt it's sunny.
But where do the teams stay or how to the teams get to the stadium if they stay out of region.
If media are to be believed (big if) France and England both sorted moving their camps to Oita to play the rearranged game there before it was called off.
The last game there was Wednesday and there aren't any this weekend - no teams are currently based in the city, so there should be plenty of room.

They should just got to the same broker they went to for the Irish and Samoa boys to play on that pitch today :)

That's a fair point. If they signed away on that pitch they might have been okay with them playing in the middle of the typhoon.

I imagine WR are planning to make Italy and Scotland top pool seeds at RWC23 as a goodwill gesture :D

I will fear the worst when I get online tomorrow morning. WR have essentially run down the contingency plan clock by making the call hours before kick-off.

I don't doubt it's sunny.
But where do the teams stay or how to the teams get to the stadium if they stay out of region.
Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, the teams could be staying in the precise place that they're staying?
Both teams are already in Oita.
They are staying in Oita.
They are training in Oita.
There is no match in Oita this weekend, so no clash for the pitch.
All of this had apparently been arranged before the match was confirmed as cancelled - so as a contingency plan (or as WR call it "a what now?)
The only part of that contingency that wasn't enacted, was transport from one part of Oita to another part of Oita, and possibly transport and hotels for 3 match officials.

Again, literally nobody is saying that the match should have taken place where originally planned, nor in the official backup 14 miles away (WTF? It doesn't need to be the biggest typhoon for 60 years to affect an area bigger than 14 miles!).
Literally nobody is saying that rugby is more important than the typhoon.
We're just saying that it is possible and feasible to play rugby in a different part of the country to a typhoon. As evidence, we present the fact that rugby was played in a different part of the country to the typhoon.

Last edited:
SH ref with O'Keefe probably wont hurt Japan. I cant say I know O'Keefe's style, but I don't expect them to be bossed or heavily penalised at the breakdown or scrum. The problem is I dont think they have the tools to disrupt Scotland there, and Scotland almost always perform when they have parity or better up front.

SH ref with O'Keefe probably wont hurt Japan. I cant say I know O'Keefe's style, but I don't expect them to be bossed or heavily penalised at the breakdown or scrum. The problem is I dont think they have the tools to disrupt Scotland there, and Scotland almost always perform when they have parity or better up front.

I can see Scotland having some real joy at the breakdown especially with jackals like Ritchie and Fraser Brown in the starting 15. Ritchie was very impressive against Samoa and really helps compensate for the loss of Hamish Watson. The backrow has better balance to it with Ritchie, Thompson and Bradbury.

I read that this game could well break the record in terms of global viewing figures. Would be such a shame if it doesn't go ahead.

Latest posts