• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Japan vs. Scotland (13/10/2019)

This reminds me of Vote Leave suggesting that the money paid to the EU every week should have been redirected to the NHS which in the end was proved to be a total fallacy. The cost of relocating this match is not down to the Japanese taxpayer!
Who picks up the bill then? You do realise major sporting events like this usually require a huge amount of public money right?

The reason the EU campaign was ******** was because by leaving the EU we'd be poorer and therefore wouldn't have 350million to spend on the NHS (as an aside even the 350 number was shite) tax revenues would be down. If our membership was a straight cost with zero upside and the EU didn't spend in the UK. Yes you could of redirected the money but it's not that simple.

To relocate a rugby match the resources required in cost have to come from somewhere. Including extensive preplanning and actual execution.

Anyway hopefully the game will go ahead and people will stop caring about a rugby match not being played due to natural disaster.

Who picks up the bill then? You do realise major sporting events like this usually require a huge amount of public money right?

The reason the EU campaign was ******** was because by leaving the EU we'd be poorer and therefore wouldn't have 350million to spend on the NHS (as an aside even the 350 number was shite) tax revenues would be down. If our membership was a straight cost with zero upside and the EU didn't spend in the UK. Yes you could of redirected the money but it's not that simple.

To relocate a rugby match the resources required in cost have to come from somewhere. Including extensive preplanning and actual execution.

Anyway hopefully the game will go ahead and people will stop caring about a rugby match not being played due to natural disaster.

Oh yeah not to mention the boost to the local economy via hotels, tourism etc. which is why countries campaign hard to win hosting rights. Ireland were properly miffed after losing out to France to host RWC23. I think that deals with your public money argument.

Yawwwnnnn.......it's getting late.

Oh yeah not to mention the boost to the local economy via hotels, tourism etc. which is why countries campaign hard to win hosting rights. Ireland were properly miffed after losing out to France to host RWC23. I think that deals with your public money argument.

Question to plan to move a rugby match. Does that cost more or less money? Could that money be better spent during a natural disaster? Does moving a rugby match boost the local economy?

But yeah your enjoying avoiding the entire worst Typhoon to hit Japan in 60 years has just hit. And Japan has a better things to do than worrying about the fact Scotland might not get kicked out the QF like they were destined to.

Looking at the two cams in the Tyhoon thread

sibch[dot]tv

and

earthcam[dot]com/world/japan/tokyo/?cam=tokyo1

at 08:27 Tokyo time (00:27 BST) it looks like a nice day-ish

(sorry won't let me post proper links)

the hotels and tourism have already got the money, the fans are already there hoping to watch a rugby match

The real question is not whether the Typhoon has cleared but two other factors.

Is the pitch safe to play on?

Is it safe to travel to the ground?

Maybe I'm just cynical but leaving a decision this late reeks of making it as difficult as possible for a wronged/disadvantaged party to object. Hmm.

Hopefully it will go ahead.

*hits F5 to refresh RWC twitter page over and over and over* for the next 30 minutes

Yep looks like it's a go

Now the question of if all 72,000 people will still be able to make it to the game

Fantastic news. I still fancy Japan to get a bonus point and deny Scotland 4 tries.

Niceee

"To ensure the best-possible fan experience, the decision has been made to allow fans to bring non-alcoholic beverage into the venue for personal consumption. All drinks will be decanted into cups at the point of entry. This change in policy will only be operational for this match. As per the earlier announcement, fans are permitted to bring food into venues for personal consumption."

Latest posts