• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Japan vs. Scotland (13/10/2019)

I hope Japan will be included in the Rugby Championship. A team currently far more interesting than Argentina.
Argentina deserve to be dropped, gone backwards. They have their SR/international thing going on anyway.

Given their fans on here I would say it's karma. Good on you Japan, unlucky Scotland.

Poor choice of options for me to switch to here - Belgium v Kazakhstan, anyone?

Argentina deserve to be dropped, gone backwards. They have their SR/international thing going on anyway.

Given their fans on here I would say it's karma. Good on you Japan, unlucky Scotland.

I do not want Argentina to be dropped, just for Japan to be included in that tournament.

I don't see how you can confidently say Japan are getting demolished based on this World Cup
1) you could argue they peaked too early.
2) They had their toughest game last, they will pay for this, specially against a physical team like South Africa.
3) South Africa had a very tough first game but then glided through their group, effortlessly.
4) I don't think Japan has the weight nor experience to stop RSA's set pieces.

I'm not saying Japan can't win, i am saying i can see how south africa could destroy them. If I were a betting man i'd say RSA by more than 14.

What's even more disappointing is that the Sunwolves are being cut from Super Rugby. The interest in the game will have sky rocketed in the country with the world cup
I think that's a good thing; Japan could create a monster of a domestic league to rival the likes of the Premiership or Top14.

That is much more desirable than the other, it's better for the sport, gets more money in, more people involved and more professional players/structures. Also more environmentally friendly.

I think that's a good thing; Japan could create a monster of a domestic league to rival the likes of the Premiership or Top14.

That is much more desirable than the other, it's better for the sport, gets more money in, more people involved and more professional players/structures.

Yes, they will either do this and end up picking off the cream of SH talent for their league, or they'll regress (quite quickly if Jospeh leaves) due to only getting competitive fixtures against top sides every four years. Or both.

Nice of Ian McGeechan to twice make an impassioned plea for the powers that be to incorporate Japan into some kind of competive annual tournament. Hopefully the bean-counters of this world were listening.

What a game, nail biting from start to finish, I thought Scotland were going to come back when they cut the lead to 28-21, but Japan held firm and put their bodies on the line.

Better than any football match I've ever seen. Never underestimate Japan. South Africa did in 2015; the night before the famous game, my South African friend saw them getting drunk at a Brighton nightclub thinking it was going to be an easy game.

What a game, nail biting from start to finish, I thought Scotland were going to come back when they cut the lead to 28-21, but Japan held firm and put their bodies on the line.

Better than any football match I've ever seen. Never underestimate Japan. South Africa did in 2015; the night before the famous game, my South African friend saw them getting drunk at a Brighton nightclub thinking it was going to be an easy game.

Don't think that's why he got drunk. We just like to drink and get ******

Ah now South Africa will become the hated/bad guys once we end their fairytale and knock them out of the World Cup.

Must say though I'm glad that the All Blacks and Ireland will face each other, they can take each other out, we will cruise until we meet the Welsh or the Australians in the Semi but I would much honestly prefer Wales.

Not that I think Wales are worse than the Aussies just that Aus knows us better and the risk of an upset would be higher

Ah now South Africa will become the hated/bad guys once we end their fairytale and knock them out of the World Cup.

Must say though I'm glad that the All Blacks and Ireland will face each other, they can take each other out, we will cruise until we meet the Welsh or the Australians in the Semi but I would much honestly prefer Wales.

Not that I think Wales are worse than the Aussies just that Aus knows us better and the risk of an upset would be higher

it'll be Wales or France in the semi. Man. Losing that first game had given you such a good run to the final now. Although Wales have the type of game to trouble the boks

That is much more desirable than the other, it's better for the sport, gets more money in, more people involved and more professional players/structures. Also more environmentally friendly.

Isn't that supposed to be happening already?

Latest posts